Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My thoughts about Honda

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post
    I like hondas, but I hate a majority of honda owners. They put a cai and a exhaust tip on their car and think they are the shit.

1:50 is the best part haha.

Either way, in the end of the day I would rather go home in the supra lol.
    For a street car supra is better I think but for a track car honda all the way.
    95 WRX Sold
    96 ITR! Sacrificed to the deer gods
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

I seen that video a long as time ago my buddy had one of the first k20R EGs back in the day till it got stolen and it was dam fast. But there is no way that Supra has 400WHP .

A stripped out Civic makes a big diff though I had my First Eg stripped out with just a dash and a drivers seat. Never weight it in though but there was not much left in it. That was a really fun car b16a with a 65 shot of nitrous. I got a 13.7 out of it with garbage all seasons.

I don't like big heavy cars unless they are VIP 3600-3800lb Supra would not be any fun on the street with out a big single and then it would still stop and handle like crap.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/http...line_18136.htm

http://www.streetfire.net/video/jay-137_44244.htm

User Info Menu

k20a in the Honda, mint! That car sounded like crap? that car sounded like vtec roasting the tires till 4th. The reason why we see so many civic owners with fart cans and cold air intakes is because there is...so many civics! If you put the ratio together of civics on the road and civics with fart cans, it's probably not a bad number. "Just a 4 cylinder" That's how I answer everytime too! My buddy had a gutted eg with a k20a in it last year and with a 50 shot of nitrous he managed to beat the c6 corvette 3 times on the drag strip! (The civic had the tires though)

My thought on Honda, generally the civics, is that they are a great buy and the vtec engines are very solid for the most part, transmissions not so much. There is so many civics on the road and civics scrapped in the parts yard...if you can't find a cheap part for your little hatch there is something wrong! but...Honda is mostly about the FWD...too bad.

User Info Menu

vtec with a nice exhaust all the way to 9000rpm is music.
    95 WRX Sold
    96 ITR! Sacrificed to the deer gods
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

Not entirely sure, but I've heard that the k20a is the most powerful stock all motor 4 cylinder. 11.5:1 I think? Like a crotch rocket!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    I know I've really ragged on Honda a lot, maybe because I've owned one and I personally find them disappointing in many respects but then again I never owned one with a decent or more powerful engine and definitely never a JDM Honda.

I think Honda deserves a lot more credit and respect (ricers and econoboxes aside) for the reliability and amazing performance some of their models bring, especially the JDM engines.

A good example is the H22A engine in the Prelude Si VTEC which produces 200HP or even the H22A variant in the CD6 Honda Accord SiR model which produces 190 HP.

Remember, we're talking about 4-cylinder engines without turbos producing 200HP back in 1991! That is one thing no manufacturer can really match especially back then.

Even the S200 has about 240 something horses (I don't know the exact number) and that again is very amazing.

Honda definitely deserves credit for those achievements especially the kind of performance they've shown with 4-cylinder naturally aspirated engines.

Personally I wouldn't mind looking at the CD6 1993 Honda Accord SiR with the 190HP H22A engine when it comes available to us this fall.
    My stock H22A7 produce 212hp its in EDM Accord TypeR CH1
    And you have one even stronger H22A its from JDM Accord EuroR CL1 H22A red top with 220hp
    Both H22A7 and red top JDM H22A have stock LSD

User Info Menu

I'll let you guys know how the H23 in my CH9 SiR wagon is. Pretty stoked for a 200hp honda wagon as my daily.