Thread: Brakes on Soarers 2.5TT

User Info Menu

Default Brakes on Soarers 2.5TT

My rear left caliper sticked closed for a 350KM ride so, I now need new brakes. I would like to know if parts from USDM MKIV N/A Supra or Lexus GS300 or SC300 will fit. It seems that SC300 don't use the same parts as the Soarer 2.5TT. Can anyone confirm that?

I will also replace rear wheel bearings. Is it the same as the GS300/Supra Turbo?

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by z32tt2/2 View Post
    My rear left caliper sticked closed for a 350KM ride so, I now need new brakes. I would like to know if parts from USDM MKIV N/A Supra or Lexus GS300 or SC300 will fit. It seems that SC300 don't use the same parts as the Soarer 2.5TT. Can anyone confirm that?

I will also replace rear wheel bearings. Is it the same as the GS300/Supra Turbo?

Thanks!
    IIRC the brake setup on the soarer is the same as the lexus ls400. That's what I bought for front brake pads and they fit perfectly. So that would be the cheaper route. But if you want better braking performance than supra TT brakes are a highly sought after upgrade, but good luck finding used ones for cheaper than 500 bucks (I've been searching for awhile)

User Info Menu

z32tt did you ever fix this and what car(s) do you have now?
    +1 Griffin for the good info about compatibility with LS400, I'm surprised SC300 was not a match.