Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Type R DC2 Integras

User Info Menu

^ The ITR is one of the best track cars for the money, and one of the most frustrating day to day drivers. Whereas any Evo (or WRX, or Skyline to that matter) is easy to use in daily life, the high-revving Hondas only serve as a source of constant disappointment unless you drive it in a manner which makes people give you the death glare. The ITR below 4500 RPM accelerates with all the enthusiasm of your mom's base Corolla, and you'll need to drop three gears to pass anything quickly. Then again, there are many upsides to owning one as well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post
    You could probably get a mint one for 8-9k all said and done I am guessing?

I would get a 97+ though.

Probably one of the only FWD vehicles I would own.

Very sexy. And around 2400lbs weight and 220hp on a N/A engine is pretty sick.
    Actually the DC2 itr only makes 200 bhp, the dc5 (rsx looking one) itr makes 220, the accord typr r 98-03 makes 220 hp , yea itr's are pretty sick I agree as well, and from auction watching you could get one for 4-9k all said and done, average, almost got one of these instead of the lude, but the ludes can be a bit cheaper and the itr's are more highly sought after, therefore keeping the value up in japanese auctions. Great one piece headlights, the front end is so much sweeter on a jdm itr. Plus the type r championship white paint, and type r rims, would be a fun circuit car for sure
    Last edited by joeyfmx; 09-22-2010 at 02:19 PM.

User Info Menu

Actually that's why it makes sense for you to go Prelude. I also heard Prelude is the world's best handling FWD. I'd suspect that ITR is right behind it.

Honda makes a fantastic chassis and performs miracles without a turbo.
    I also love the JDM Integra Type R front end, a lot of people get clips just to swap the front end.

User Info Menu

I've looked at getting one as a replacement for my daily driver but the aspect of future theft keeps popping up in my mind. We all know the Integra pops up as one of the most commonly stolen cars. Now with the RHD ones coming in I could easily see them being stolen and parted out :S .
    Also the engine being interference and costing $3000 for a replacement! You'd think the price for these old B18C engines would be down by now lol.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Actually that's why it makes sense for you to go Prelude. I also heard Prelude is the world's best handling FWD. I'd suspect that ITR is right behind it.

Honda makes a fantastic chassis and performs miracles without a turbo.
    I also love the JDM Integra Type R front end, a lot of people get clips just to swap the front end.
    That's is not correct. The Prelude is not even really considered as one of Hondas performance cars. Go to a track day you will never see one for good reason, 2800lbs at only 200hp. ITR is leagues ahead. Edmunds inside line last year tested a 1998 ITR that was Acuras test vehicle or something like that. In the Slalom it was faster then a 2010 Porsche Boxster S. At the time was considered one the best fwd car of all time and it still holds it's own big time. If you have never driven one on a race track you will never really understand. This car is phenomenal and the B18C5 can still be competitive. Add a short gear ratio set, header, cams. The car is turned into a 2300lb race car. I wasn't a believer until I bought one!

Quote Originally Posted by E-FD3S View Post
    I've looked at getting one as a replacement for my daily driver but the aspect of future theft keeps popping up in my mind. We all know the Integra pops up as one of the most commonly stolen cars. Now with the RHD ones coming in I could easily see them being stolen and parted out :S .
    Also the engine being interference and costing $3000 for a replacement! You'd think the price for these old B18C engines would be down by now lol.

Also definitely not a great daily driver. Theft and also premium gas and with it's high revs it's not the greatest on gas unless you are very disciplined better then a Subaru though. My car with my ATS short gear set at 100 I'm almost at 5000rpm yikes! Also change your timing belt and don't worry.
    Last edited by FtGF; 07-27-2011 at 09:09 AM.
    95 WRX Sold
    96 ITR! Sacrificed to the deer gods
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

I think it is great as a daily driver but I also dont rev it high very much unless im on a highway. Fuel consumption is definitely good.
    Sometimes taking the long route to where I am going is fun just to drive more.

User Info Menu

Headlights would be a bit annoying, but there's an endless supply of people that would probably do a front end swap and give you cash to boot.

User Info Menu

Has anyone brought one of these over?

User Info Menu

I have and sunshine has. They are great only thing is type r`s have a huge premium.
    95 WRX Sold
    96 ITR! Sacrificed to the deer gods
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

I really don't get what makes these good track cars, on a technical level I mean. Is the engine cooling better? Are the welds better on the body to make it stiffer?

What's the secret?
    1995 STi Version II