Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Type R DC2 Integras

User Info Menu

Taken from Wikipedia;

Strengthened chassis with extra spot welds and thicker metal around the rear shock towers and lower subframe, weight reduction (reduced sound insulation, 10% thinner windscreen, lighter wheels), more power, stratosphere like 8600 RPM USDM ( 8900 RPM JDM, 8700 RPM UKDM) rev limiter, hand built engine featuring hand-polished and ported intake ports, high compression pistons, undercut vavles and revised intake and exhaust systems, and suspension upgrades.

The result was a capable sports coupe which was acclaimed by motoring journalists worldwide. Interestingly, there is only 33 lbs of net weight difference between the Integra Type R and the Integra GS-R, because the extra metal and cross bracing in the Type R almost negated most of the 98 lbs of weight reductions including A/C delete and rear wiper delete on the 1997 USDM spec, 2000+ had A/C standard). Although the JDM version was significantly lighter than the base model SiR (JDM ITR 96 - 97 delete could include: air bags, A/C, rear wiper, radio, center counsel and ABS)

User Info Menu

Perfectly balanced, with a great chassis, short gear ratio, rifle bolt action transmission, front lsd, and a super responsive engine with a monster red line. Great power to weight ratio. The car was purpose built and this is in stock form. Anyone who goes to the track knows what these cars are capable of.

If you compare to the gc which major complaints were chassis was not rigid at all, very imprecise shifting, engine was not very responsive due to head design it just didn't flow well and choked at higher power levels. Has great grip but handling due to suspension setup when stock was horrible. I've owned both and been in highly modded versions of both but for sheer fun and how easy it is to drive these things fast I would take a Type R any day.
    Last edited by FtGF; 10-25-2011 at 08:44 AM.
    95 WRX Sold
    96 ITR! Sacrificed to the deer gods
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

A lot of non believers in the car have said you have to drive one to experience it yourself. I am now a believer.
    Also a lot of the tests and reviews you see online are on the use or UK versions. I know The jdm is a little bit better than the usdm version.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 10-25-2011 at 08:40 AM.

User Info Menu

Anyone have a good source on all the specs of a type r integra. 1995.

User Info Menu

93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

^^^

I dont think that site is to accurate. It lists "audio" as non existent, and states that the FD is 3.0 which is way off

User Info Menu

Well what do you need to know exactly?

Well anyways if you search the net there is tons of info on the 96 spec itrs.
    Last edited by FtGF; 03-19-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    95 WRX Sold
    96 ITR! Sacrificed to the deer gods
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

Anyone have a good source on all the specs of a type r integra. 1995.
    You could try here - http://specs.amayama.com/specs-honda...october/11831/

This is for the 1995 October DC2 Type R

I haven't checked if it is different from the link above but it's worth a try.

User Info Menu

Do the headlights cause issues in Canada--?

User Info Menu

I'd imagine if you are in a province that needs DOT lights they will cause an issue as there is no equivalent here (as far as I know).. Retrofitting in some kind of other lights would be the only solution. I'd personally swap in something that just works but looks ugly then swap out after I pass.