Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Type R DC2 Integras

User Info Menu

Just a matter of preference really, and an authentic Type R has some nostalgia to it rather than a swapped shell.

User Info Menu

never understood why someone would go thru all the hassle for a jdm type r when a replica is easily buildable for much cheaper than the $$ u spend overall to get the car on the road. all u really need is a clean shell then u can easily swap over the jdm parts

the swap components are plentiful such as the jdm b18c motor + tranny, knuckles for brake swap, jdm red recaros, front end conversion, etc etc..
    Yeah I think time would be a factor as well as money in that scenario. If you had a shop do what you describe that would be more money. If you did it yourself and refurbed all the parts as you were building the car that would be a HUGE amount of time. I get that some people are willing to do that and dont put a high value on their own time but overall I would just buy a type r if I wanted one. I have done several restoration projects on cars ranging from 200 hours to 1000+ hours and let me tell you they are not always fun....

The other thing is the Honda crowd is a clicky bunch of dudes, if your car isnt legit its frowned on. So putting together a type r even if its an exact replica wont ever be a real type r.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ap3x View Post
    never understood why someone would go thru all the hassle for a jdm type r when a replica is easily buildable for much cheaper than the $$ u spend overall to get the car on the road. all u really need is a clean shell then u can easily swap over the jdm parts

the swap components are plentiful such as the jdm b18c motor + tranny, knuckles for brake swap, jdm red recaros, front end conversion, etc etc..
    1) it wouldn't be cheaper
    2) it wouldn't be real
    3) it would take more time.
    4) where do I find a rust free Integra with 46,000kms on it?

User Info Menu

4) where do I find a rust free Integra with 46,000kms on it?
    I laughed at this.

You see teg's in kijiji all the time with 200,000 kms advertised as low mile with speed holes in them...

Maybe in the Acura museum?

User Info Menu

Building your own Type r is far more fun then buying one. Mine has under 10,000kms on my freshly built engine hehe.
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Building your own Type r is far more fun then buying one. Mine has under 10,000kms on my freshly built engine hehe.
    I agree its more fun and more satisfaction too. I don't agree its cheaper and faster to do it that way though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhdgc8 View Post
    I had a look at your build thread and no doubt your integra is turning out nice, but it's not a type-r and won't ever be one. There are differences beyond what you can change, like the chassis.

Edit: Wikipedia

Interestingly, there is only 33 lbs of net weight difference between the Integra Type R and the Integra GS-R, because the extra metal and cross bracing in the Type R almost negated most of the 98 lbs. of weight reductions.
    Last edited by kitcho; 12-24-2014 at 08:48 PM.

User Info Menu

Yes I know their is a difference. I am not building it to oem spec itr.

If I wanted oem spec I would of started with a itr shell.
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhdgc8 View Post
    Yes I know their is a difference. I am not building it to oem spec itr.

If I wanted oem spec I would of started with a itr shell.
    Ok so maybe I'm being pedantic, but what do you mean by a Type R Clone? Adding select ITR parts to a non-ITR chassis makes it a Type R?

I'm an Integra owner, as well. I feel like you're just misusing the term.

User Info Menu

OMG of course it makes it a real ITR man!! geez.... Don't you know that Type-r stickers add 20hp per side?!

Seriously tho, I don't build cars to please others. I build them for my enjoyment and to make them my own. I know it isn't a Type-R and never will be. It is simply a custom integra built to my specs that someone can't just go buy. Aka itr clone
    @cdmtyper