Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Want JDM Parts? Just Ask! :)

User Info Menu

Default FS: Want JDM Parts? Just Ask! :)

Hi all,

We get a lot of JDM vehicles here in New Zealand, so if you guys ever need any parts feel free to ask and I'll see if I can get it. I don't do this as a business or a money-making scheme at all, I just don't mind helping people out who want hard to get parts. For this reason, I can't make any promises that I'll be able to track down a particular item, but I'll certainly try my best.

All products will be photographed before payment and a shipping quote will be provided. There's no obligation unless you actually give me the go ahead to purchase the part(s). I've sent parts to the US, Canada, Norway, Trinidad & Tobago, Caribbean and a few other places, so feel free to ask, wherever you are in the world.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask

Regards,
    Scott.

User Info Menu

Thanks Scott, also feel free to post what you can specifically get, that might increase interest.

May I ask how you will be getting your parts? As long as it's from a legitimate source (I'm not implying it isn't) I'm sure everyone will appreciate you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Thanks Scott, also feel free to post what you can specifically get, that might increase interest.

May I ask how you will be getting your parts? As long as it's from a legitimate source (I'm not implying it isn't) I'm sure everyone will appreciate you.
    Great idea! . The parts I can get will mainly consist of smaller things such as tail lights, mirrors, interior parts (excluding seats), headlights, window visors etc.

Things such as bumpers, sideskirts, engines etc are out of the question unfortunately, as the shipping cost is far too high. I've had quotes to send JDM bumpers to the US in the past and they came to $500-600 NZD just in shipping alone.

The smaller things mentioned above are nice and easy to ship however, and I can basically send anything up to 1050mm (1.5m or 3.4 feet) and up to around 8-10kg (17-22lbs) in weight.

All parts will be sourced legitimately, either from junkyards, private wreckers (average Joe's wrecking a vehicle in their backyard), or mainstream wreckers. I always try the local junkyards and private wreckers first as this is generally the cheapest way to get parts.

User Info Menu

Are there certain makes and models that are more readily available?
    I would be interested if you could find a Version 1-2 GC8 STi intercooler with the feedhose.

User Info Menu

This is great! There is a guy on another forum, in Japan, and he's got some great little items available always. I'm definitely interested, and will keep this at the ready!

Get used to Subaru requests!

User Info Menu

Are there certain makes and models that are more readily available?
    I would be interested if you could find a Version 1-2 GC8 STi intercooler with the feedhose.
    Typically parts for older cars are more readily available in junkyards (1990-1998), but parts for newer shape cars are just as readily available at mainstream wreckers (although the parts cost more when going through them). Mainstream wreckers usually pay more for harder to get cars as they know they can make quite a large profit when stripping them.

The same thing goes for mass produced cars. In the STI's case, it'll be a little harder to find parts for as there weren't as many produced as the non-turbo or WRX models, for they're still possible to get. I'll have a look around for the Version 1-2 intercooler. I'll give some Subaru wreckers a call tomorrow. A lot of STI's here have been modified so have aftermarket front mount intercoolers, but I'll let you know if I find anything

User Info Menu

Sounds good Scott, I'd really appreciate it if you could find one for me.
    We have a lot of owners from Canada here so 90-98 is what a lot of people will be looking for.

User Info Menu

you got some cool models there in Oceania too, well technically just Australia I think.. but you should have access to some sweet parts!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    This is great! There is a guy on another forum, in Japan, and he's got some great little items available always. I'm definitely interested, and will keep this at the ready!

Get used to Subaru requests!
    I look forward to the requests! Hopefully I'll be able to help you guys out

Sounds good Scott, I'd really appreciate it if you could find one for me.
    We have a lot of owners from Canada here so 90-98 is what a lot of people will be looking for.
    Sounds great! Hopefully I'll have some luck with the wreckers. I'll be in touch

Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    you got some cool models there in Oceania too, well technically just Australia I think.. but you should have access to some sweet parts!
    We get the exact same models as Australia does, except the import volume here is a lot higher as there was only a certain number of cars allowed to be imported into Australia per year. So technically, we'd have more parts

User Info Menu

That's what I hear about NZ too, and I know NZ people love Subaru's so I'm crossing my fingers for the V1 STi IC

Thanks Scott and it's great to have you around here. For those who don't know, he's a ToyotaNation.com moderator but he's been too shy to tell us here.