Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weird EVO IV question...

User Info Menu

Default weird EVO IV question...

hey guys, i'm looking at importing an EVO IV this winter when they become legal(model year 1996). i was wondering if the rear seats fold down...anyone know??

i know this is a weird question but I'm getting my next car as a daily/all year driver...so rear folddown seats are important for me...believe it or not that's a major reason I sold my r33 and my bugeye wrx..neither had rear folddown seats(the wrx had a slide through midsection...)

User Info Menu

Dang. Not sure if goo-net is down right now, but I don't get pics - just weirdness. http://exchange.goo-net.com/usedcars...090821001.html
    should show you some pics of the EVO IV.. that might help?

User Info Menu

AFAIK, Evos have heavy metal bracing behind the bench for chassis stiffness, thus precluding them from having useful folding seats.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by l2iceman View Post
    hey guys, i'm looking at importing an EVO IV this winter when they become legal(model year 1996). i was wondering if the rear seats fold down...anyone know??

i know this is a weird question but I'm getting my next car as a daily/all year driver...so rear folddown seats are important for me...believe it or not that's a major reason I sold my r33 and my bugeye wrx..neither had rear folddown seats(the wrx had a slide through midsection...)
    The rear seats do not fold down.

Also, the EVO 4 was not produced until Aug 1996 which means you will not be able to import one until Aug 2011 and naturally it will have to be a "Aug 1996" build, very first of them which may not be an easy find straight off the bat. If it was me, from about Feb/March next year, I would start looking for one and then storing it in Japan until it is old enough. It could take a week to months to find the early builds. The closure it gets to Aug 2011, the EVO 4 prices in Japan will start to increase for good clean ones as everyone who wants an EVO 4 will be asking their agents to find one. At the moment, 1996 EVO's are cheap.

Also….. be careful of underbody and engine room rust, EVO's suffer with this and the higher you go in the EVO numbers the more prone they are, well, that’s what I notice anyway.

EVO 4

Cheers

MB..

User Info Menu

None-folding rear seats are sort of annoying. I haven't had them in the last few cars I've owned except for a few. I'm looking for a nice roof-rack for the BMW I just got off Mark (Brave). I've also seen ones that clip onto the trunk which I may pursue if a nice roof solution can't be found. I should clarify it's for skiis and snowboards. My snowboard JUST fit in my last 5-series' trunk but my skis are just toooo long. Also shopping trip to IKEA are less convenient...lol
    == Chris ==
    2007 Yamaha FZ6 (for sale)
    1995 BMW 525i Ltd
    1992 Levin GT-Apex - soon to be retired

User Info Menu

I think this will be the case with most performance cars, the Impreza won't have it either. I was surprised to see that it has some sort of rear strut bar behind the seats.

User Info Menu

I cant wait for the Evo 4.. i plan to buy on in Feb/march as mark suggested and then store it till i can bring it over..

User Info Menu

Not to burst anyones bubble but everything i've ever read was that the 4 was the worst engine of any evo they made

The internet has been proven wrong before, but i read a lot of negativity about them on lancerregister and evo123.

User Info Menu

when it goes, you drop in an VIII engine and live happily ever after

User Info Menu

damn really? I tried searching up negativities..guess I didn't search hard enough haha...

reviews praised it...

and wow did not know they weren't produced until august ...damn...that and gonna research the engine...i think that just burst my bubble haha