Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: BC OOP Out Of Province Inspection Requirements for JDM Cars

User Info Menu

Also I'm new to BC and Cars in general, so much of this process is new and different then ontario, for getting it registered do you need a provincial and federal inspection or just provincial?

User Info Menu

They did initially, they said they would try and clock the bulbs themselves ( trim the tabs to allow 360 or near rotation) I dont think they did that, as they still look to cut high on the left ( rhd light pattern), but they eventually passed it here.
    Is it Canadian tire still giving hassle, or did you try a new shop?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pajmini View Post
    Also I'm new to BC and Cars in general, so much of this process is new and different then ontario, for getting it registered do you need a provincial and federal inspection or just provincial?
    Yes, much different than most of the rest of the country.
    All you need is an Out of Province safety inspection, some shops may call it an out of country, but its the same inspection, just like as if you brought in a car from AB to BC.
    And the nice thing here in BC, insurance and registration is one place, one stop

User Info Menu

Ya thats what I realized, I mean even the option to import is new to me. But I have to say its really sick, I've never been that into cars, but JDMs have scratched an itch I didn't know I had lol. I've got a lot of plans for making the paj mini into a little 4x4 beast and then I'm looking to get a delica for bigger trips

User Info Menu

Does anyone know a good OOP facility on Vancouver Island? Preferably somewhere between Victoria and Nanaimo. Have a 2006 Toyota Crown Athlete coming in a week or two. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by moo_king View Post
    Does anyone know a good OOP facility on Vancouver Island? Preferably somewhere between Victoria and Nanaimo. Have a 2006 Toyota Crown Athlete coming in a week or two. Thanks!
    Gurtons Garage in Victoria by the airport will be the #1 best bet, with Marigolds being #2 - but they are under new ownership, and completely going by the book - lights WILL need DOT/ E4 markings to pass, I had a hard time getting my 07 Voxy through, but eventually managed to.

As for OOP, you will need 1- Daytime Running Lights 2- DOT/E4 marked headlights 3- DOT marked tires ( being full size, it may or may not have DOT tires)
    These are the 3 key things they look for first in the OOP

If you need a hand with anything, let me know, I'm in Victoria, and am an import broker, I can help you through the process if you need anything

User Info Menu

Thank you so much, my tires art DOT and I just finished getting DTR all wired in. My only issue has been the headlights since there was just never any DOT lights produced for the Pajero Mini, except for the earlier models that use a 7" light similar to a jeep. I did however find a pair of quad 5.75" lights similar to old muscle cars or older BMWs that aren't DOT but allow me to adjust the light pattern being produced fully. Hopefully, this is enough for someone.