Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BC OOP Out Of Province Inspection Requirements for JDM Cars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default BC OOP Out Of Province Inspection Requirements for JDM Cars

This is being typed very quickly but I'll go based off the memory of what I did for my car.

• DOT Approved Tires (the chances are that the tires that came with your car no matter how great, won't have DOT markings so you need to replace your tires)
    • DOT approved front headlamps (you'll need to replace your headlamps with USDM DOT approved ones - they must say DOT/SAE . eCode is also technically permissible)
    • Front Side Markers (Must be Amber/Orange) & Rear Side Markers (Must Be Red)
    • Third Brake Light (most cars have this and a spoiler brake light counts, if not you'll need to wire one up)
    • DRL Daytime Running Lights - Check here for the best solution
      http://jdmvip.com/jdmcarforums/showthread.php?t=209

Also keep in mind the normal safety inspection will be done so any leaks and torn, cracking belts will keep you from passing, as would suspension and some rust issues etc..

Remember that a car that is lowered too much will never pass (although no one seems to know the exact regulations for this, please show us if you know)

User Info Menu

If anything is wrong, omitted etc.. then please let us know in this thread.

User Info Menu

How long do you have to go before you have to get it inspected is there any limit? I think I heard someone say 30 days.

User Info Menu

I've heard things like that but I don't believe so at all because I already know of some Importers that have cars that haven't passed sitting for weeks and months.

User Info Menu

There is no Limit.. you can have the car sit with the current papers as long as you want..

Just will be no fun that way..

UPDATE

Tires (Dont have to Say DOT, however have to have Load Ratings, and all size information on them)

Third Break Lights (No required until 1990 on Cars, and 1994 on Trucks and SUV's)

Daytime Runnings lights (Not required till 1990 as well)

User Info Menu

Thanks for that update hunter.

Don't tires also have to mention the maximum PSI or is it simply like you said, that the load ratings enough?

User Info Menu

PSI is a gray thing.. Personaly i like it..
    so i would say go with it..

the rules arent that specific.

User Info Menu

Hmm, good to know but as far as I've heard and seen a lot of tires from Japan may not have load ratings, some do and some don't.

In my case I already bought new tires before and I don't regret that I did, some of the tread was a little cracked and one sidewall was cracking a little too, I guess from sitting.

I guess anyone who's car has been sitting for ~3 months would be facing the same thing.

User Info Menu

Or in my case a year..
    LoL

the Celsior tires are in horrible shape..

Celica was not so bad.

User Info Menu

I PASSED!!!!!!

Stick on rear side markers. Wired up DRL to the rear parking lights, good thing too because they checked! everything else worked.. i don't even have the load ratings and psi on the back but i passed anyways... and everything else was cool even though my car is super low I need to replace the rear driver side wheel bearing but that's it.