Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Probably the most sought after Honda on the market?

User Info Menu

I've never driven one but for looks I would like to own one. Although these look like pics of LHD Acura NSX

I've also heard NSX is somewhat disappointing in the driving experience department but I think it definitely holds its own against other cars.
    It is a great car overall, it has kept its value well and will always be a classic.

I just don't know if it's practical for most of us to own or maybe I'm too cheap. I'd rather put the money towards a 22B and a JDM GDB in 2015
    Last edited by jdmvip; 11-16-2010 at 06:43 PM.

User Info Menu

It had a super car price but preforms like a regular sports car. Looks great though. But it would get fucked up by a S2K around a road race track.

User Info Menu

haha wow, lots of good info about this car now. I'd love to drive one, but not sure I would own one from what you guys are now telling me lol

User Info Menu

yeah, any s2k would give it a good fight at the track. but you buy an NSX because you want it for what it is.

similarly, many slag my R32 GTR saying that other cars are faster on the track. i didn't buy it to be the fastest on the track or on the road.

speaking of the s2k, its far more fun to drive than the NSX IMO. its half the price too...but its still not an NSX.
    99 Ver.5 STi Type RA Limited
    99 FD3S RS - Innocent Blue Mica

User Info Menu

Again look at the damn thing! S2K looks like shit. This thing is a masterpiece. Also you guys have to look at actual #s. Look at Tsukaba track times plenty of NSX variants are much faster then an S2K, faster then EVOs, faster then Skyline GTRs, faster then STis. This thing is a 300hp NA race car. Worth the money is relative. But if this is what they are selling for this is what they are worth.

I would buy one in a second and take it to the local track and embarrass much higher HP turbo cars wouldn't even think about my scoob.

Also looking at S2K track times Nordschleife, Tsukaba, etc.... very weak.
    Last edited by FtGF; 11-16-2010 at 09:00 PM.
    95 WRX Sold
    96 ITR! Sacrificed to the deer gods
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

Ya'll seem to be forgetting that the NSX design is over twenty years old. For its age, the car was an exercise in technology and featured a lot of very significant firsts which are commonplace in consumer level vehicles today, but were akin to technological wizardry two decades back. The NSX's only "downfall" is that it was produced for fifteen years. Had they retired it after a limited run, that car would have been much more of a classic and a legend than it is today because nobody would've had a chance to compare it to the vehicles it inspired technologically.

It could have been the Lexus LFA of the 90s, a superlative concept that will be forgotten by everyone save for the hardcore auto geeks, but damnit, instead Honda decided to make enough of them through the years to satiate everyone's hunger. How dare they?

And hell, to rephrase everyone who said it, just look at those lines.

User Info Menu

Hmmm... Strong will have to decide between this and a supra rz in my future.

Now a nsx on boost, now that would be awesome.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post
    Hmmm... Strong will have to decide between this and a supra rz in my future.

Now a nsx on boost, now that would be awesome.
    You can get 2 mint RZs for the price of a so so NSX!
    95 WRX Sold
    96 ITR! Sacrificed to the deer gods
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FtGF View Post
    You can get 2 mint RZs for the price of a so so NSX!
    Not to mention that the Supra is such a pedestrian car compared to the NSX.

User Info Menu

It just looks sexy, simple as that. It looks fast, it looks fun, and I'm sure even if it's not as fast as most supercars, it's still faster then my BMW. I'd love to see one of them in black appear in my rearview mirror and rip past me. Plus, maybe they're considered less douchy in certain peoples eyes.