Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: My '94 Land Cruiser

User Info Menu

Good info and +1 for the DIY! How has it held up over the summer?

User Info Menu

So far so good! I didn't get to the rear window yet to remove and replace, but the stuff that I installed held up ok so far. I had a few places right on the edges where I didn't get it completely cleaned, so there are small bubbles, but they haven't expanded yet. I even found one spot where a very small fly was trapped under the tint! LOL!

I'd like to get to the rear window, but it'd dropped down the priority list. Current side project project is to get Depo headlights retrofitted with a projector and HID system. I have all the parts, I just need to do it. Fall is close, so less time needs to be spent on yard work. Should have time to get started soon

User Info Menu

Started work on doing a projector retrofit on a set of used Depo headlights I picked up a while back. Only got as far as separating the lenses and removing the reflector. The reflector has to be set lower in the housing for the projector to have clearance from the lens.

I also need to see if I can get replacement clips for the lenses. Half the ones that were on there are heavily rusted.

User Info Menu

Completed my Morimoto mini D2S project retrofit and got it all installed last weekend. I'm still fine tuning the headlight aim. It's definitely a HUGE difference over the other headlights that were in the truck. Now I just need this nice weather to go away, so I can use my fancy new headlights more!

User Info Menu

I had to remove the headlights to tweak them a bit. The projector beams were out of rotation a bit, and I think either due to my Depo lights being older or originating from the JDM market the lock ring didn't line up nicely. I had to take a dremmel to the back of the housing and shave it down to be able to rotate the projectors more. For some reason the original orientation of the H4 bulb was clocked a bit in these housings. It didn't end up being a big deal, but it was driving me nuts not having the beams level or correctly aligning from one projector to the other.

In the end, I'd say the project took more time than I expected, but I'm definitely satisfied with the result!

Pic taken with my cell, so it's not 100% clear, but you get the idea

Next is to finish up the tint on the rear glass, and I'm also looking for some radius arms. Fingers crossed for a Black Friday deal! Measuring my lift at the front sway bar bolts, I'm actually sitting bit higher than I thought at 3.5". I thought I was just under 3". I think it came up a bit when I added spacers to eliminate the lean to the right side I had before.