Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: My "New" 1992 Aristo!!!

User Info Menu

Those are some sweet pics. The Aristo is looking really good!
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Maybe I missed it, is that a custom colour or factory?? Very nice BTW

User Info Menu

Thanks

Yeah it's a factory colour, but it's not too common. However I did have another one in this colour

User Info Menu

The Toyota team is so tempting!, very nice car, very classy!

User Info Menu

The shots & car look good, hopefully next year I'll be rocking one of my own!

Current: 2001 Bmw 325i, 1999 Ford Exploder V8
    Jordan v.

User Info Menu

Sweet Aristo

(not crazy about the grille though)

User Info Menu

Reviving an old thread! I picked this up out of storage towards the summer. I didn't get to enjoy a lot in the summer, but it was nice to have it parked in front of the house again.

Of course, the bad thing about having it parked in front of the house is that I don't live in a great area. So then this happened a few weeks ago

The glass finally came in and it's getting fixed today! In the mean time I've had to remove all the gauges and everything because all I've had is a piece of plastic over the window location. Not sure I'll put the gauges back in until I move (hopefully in the spring).

User Info Menu

Loooooonnnnnggg time no update. After a long hiatus (house and a couple of kids will do that) I think I should finally be getting some time to get some PM done on this car and maybe drive it a bit this summer

Not really much of an update, but I just sold my M5, so this car can now take a priority spot in the garage and have some work done, so I'm pretty excited about that! I haven't done much to this car in my almost 10 years of ownership, so I'm pretty exited to finally start digging into it and do some things I've wanted to for a long time.

Hopefully, updates will be posted soon!

User Info Menu

Having a few issued getting this going. Not surprising, since it's been just sitting for most of my ownership. First issue, it wasn't starting. Eventually, I got it to start, but it was idling at 2000 rpm. Then when I took it for a short drive, it seemed like it had no power, but the turbos (or atleast the first one) was definitely working. Doing some research, it was definietly seeming like the IACV. I took the IACV apart and it definitely seemed like it was stuck open. After cleaning and reassembly it looks ok. I also tested the ohms on it and it all checked out.

Great! IACV fixed up, lets start her up!....Basically nothing. Apparently, I have experienced this before in my old Aristo as I commented in this thread:

https://forums.jdmvip.com/threads/30...bad-connection

I tested the battery and it seems ok. The positive terminal doesn't seem to get tight enough on the battery, so I suspect that's my issue. However, there is also a bit of rust on the negative side, so I'll clean up the negative side and then remove the plastic piece from the negative side as @jdmvip did in the thread posted above.

Hopefully, after that, she's running smooth again and I can continue with some more PM work.

User Info Menu

Hey Ryan good to hear from you and hope everything is good for you during the pandemic! Can we get some pics of the Aristo? I sure miss my previous Aristo's especially the JZS147.