Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: My "New" 1992 Aristo!!!

User Info Menu

Just a couple.

pxl_20210911_024340716_e07b9fca77efd21ce5555afa3aa637def93202f5.jpg

pxl_20210911_024519431_1d010ea2ecd068be85b37d227bc52fab5d203852.jpg

Have what I think is an electrical issue, but I haven't had time to dig into it. I've removed the plastic pieces from the battery clamps, but haven't re hooked up the battery to see if that solves it. I think it might be something to do with the wiring on the AVC-R, but don't really know yet. Might have to take it to a shop.
    Last edited by RyanV; 03-30-2022 at 01:03 PM.

User Info Menu

Beautiful pics, I am so glad some of the classic 3.0V's are still around after all these years! I am sure our 3.0V would be running strong if it was not rear ended.
    I recall that issue with mine, I've never seen this with another vehicle but remove all of the plastic, clean off all the battery connectors and make sure the terminals are clamped tight and it should be all good.

User Info Menu

Fingers crossed, but I'm not super confident it will fix the current issue(s). I also really want to give this car the love it deserves, but something else always takes priority. Eg. the Land Cruiser is the daily and it's told too, so if something needs to be fixed on it, it takes priority. Just noticed I need to replace the rear brake pads on it, and it needs new belts. Not to mention the wish list of stuff I would like to get done! LOL!

User Info Menu

Ryan I know the deal, you are probably busy and even if you know the problem, we need time to get it done . I've had various pads and rotors sitting for up to 2 years sometimes before I've installed them

Hopefully it is a minor/simple issue for Aristo, I believe these are some of the most reliable JDMs overall.

User Info Menu

No real change to this, but I've been doing more thinking and reading, and I'm thinking the issue might be with the fuel pump ECU since it's a common item to go bad. Now I just need the time to do the temporary bypass as per the FSM and see if it works!