Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My JZX81 Mark 2

User Info Menu

Default My JZX81 Mark 2

I do not have very many good pics of the car right now but I should have lots in spring when it comes out of storage.

Its a 89 GX81 with a JZX81 swap

5 speed swap
    ORC twin plate clutch
    Trust oil cooler with filter relocate
    HKS intake
    HKS FCD
    Blitz SCB-I
    Apex-i Safc2
    Apex-i Rev speed meter
    Omari gauges
    AEM wide band o2
    JIC Coilovers
    Suzuki sports front strut bar
    Custom Exhaust
    Mismatched Recaro seats
    Momo wood wheel
    Bubble shift knob
    Apline deck
    Hertz speakers
    Volk Gt-7 wheels
    Kuhmo XS tires

It made a best of 315RWHP at 18Psi
    I tuned it to 310RWHP at 14Psi on a Mustang dyno

on to the pics
    When I first got it it looked like this

Then I changed out the blown hard coilovers and ugly wheels to these

I decided those wheels where to small so I put some 18s on

Rice cannons long gone car now has a sleeper dolphin tail. Two exhaust tickets two days in a row way too much for me for normal driving.

Interior

Last edited by raceready68; 01-02-2011 at 11:41 PM.

User Info Menu

Not bad, not bad at all. I like the second rims you had on it best.

User Info Menu

They rims on it now really make they car you will see once I get better pics of it. They site perfectly flush and let me run a 245 in the rear and a 225 in the front which is pretty much the max tire size you can run on these cars.

User Info Menu

Good looking car, and I see you have the same Air Freshener as I do. Very fine choices!

Current: 2001 Bmw 325i, 1999 Ford Exploder V8
    Jordan v.

User Info Menu

Thanks I spent a lot of time fixing wiring and undoing all the Jap handy work.

I got soild S9 sub and diff bushings to go in when I pull it out of storage and a Air to water intercooler set up

User Info Menu

Holy rice cannon batman!
    But now that it is gone, I must say this is one sweet Cressida. The shift nob kinda made me lol though.
    Man, with this car, you could go drifting with the first set of wheels, then put the 18's on for a VIP ride home.

Unrelated: More of that RX7? I wasn't too fond of them until my sisters ex got one. Seeing them up close in person, man they are AWESOME cars.

User Info Menu

Sick looking ride(s)! My buddies Soarer has the same wheels that you had when you first got it. Came with them from Japan.

I like the stance and the last two sets of wheels the most. The exhaust seems to stick out a bit much though.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Nice ride and impressive dyno results, it sounds like 14psi is the peak efficiency for your turbos. I agree I did laugh at the shift knob but the new rims are a very nice touch. Is your paint original? It looks incredible either way but especially if it's original.

You really have a sleeper there, I'm sure a lot of people get caught by surprise when they think you have an old Toyota and their econobox/140HP would be able to best you

User Info Menu

Wow! Finally! lol love the look of this car, the red really looks good! I see it has a drift use e-brake button, does this car see the track?

Oh and, your driveway looks like JDM heaven! I might have seen that rx-7 before.... in edmonton right?

User Info Menu

Car was white then bright red now its dark red. It used to be a drift car in Japan I have taken it down the 1/4 mile 13.9 at 101mph with like a 2.4 60ft. I need to pull out more camber and do the subframe and diff bushings. I also had it out lapping which was a lot of fun I was the only family sedan doing a time attack that day lol.