Thread: RX-7 (FD3S) - Series+Trimlines

User Info Menu

Default RX-7 (FD3S) - Series+Trimlines

I just wanted to start this topic asking which version/trim of the FD3S (6 series) is the better of them all. I'm particularly interested in the 6 series because they are the ones viable for import to Canada. Feel free to broaden this topic on RX-7's
    Last edited by Attow416; 01-17-2011 at 10:46 AM.

User Info Menu

Edit - moved thread to the RX-7 subforum.

User Info Menu

I was also curious if anyone has driven a 6 series+ RX-7, for those who have what did you think of the car?

User Info Menu

I haven't driven one, done research about them and sat in one though.

Not a car for anyone over 6' or 260+lbs IMO. Sure you can fit but it won't be comfortable for long journeys I am sure (hoping Ben will chime in here, there is a picture floating around of him in the back seat of one lol).

Highest trim for series 6 was Type RZ.

They even recommended the most you and your passenger weigh combined is 400-450lbs.

Highest trim for series 7 was also Type RZ (I am sure), series 8 was Type RS.

And it was chosen over the dodge viper in playboy's 93 car test.

Nice interior IMO, but the outer door handles like to break a lot. Build quality isn't superb but it is not junk.
    Last edited by Braden; 01-17-2011 at 11:27 AM.

User Info Menu

Which criteria you fall into, daily, track, show car?

Type RZ has all the goodies, Recaro racing seats, stiffer suspensions than type R1, I think it has the billstien adjustable shocks and springs. Slightly lighter than type r. Dual oil cooler, and it has the rz logo beside the door handles.

Type R- suede seats, dual oil cooler, Front & rear strut bar, suspension is fairly stiffer than the base model type x.

Door handle would do get stuck. It only happened to me once, I just sprayed alot of wd-40 and call it a day. My buddy couldn't fry to open on his and got carried away with brute force, he ended up buying 2 new ones

Why don't you create an account on rx7club forum. There are tons of useful infos and they are one of the most established forum out there.

User Info Menu

Series 6 rx's are amazing cars.
    Just be prepared to have deep pockets if you plan to mod it at all.
    '07 Porsche 997 TT
    '05 Honda S2000 GPW AP2

User Info Menu

sexiest cars to come out of japan