Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: JT's RHD RSTi in progress

User Info Menu

Bro, your sample pictures are all wrong. Third pic is still an SR20. 4th pic is not a nissan product, its a 1 or 2 JZ

User Info Menu

Thanks for the heads up!
    2001 RSTi Project Car // 1998 Turbo GF8 Daily

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    What a crazy turn of events can you tell us what EJ engine you had- I had a usdm ej205 from an 03 wrx.

What happened to it? - I spun a bearing with that engine.

And what made you go RB? - Simply because it is one of my favorite engines, and the gc8 is my favorite style body. Why not mix the two together? Also I have all the know how between myself and some close friends. But mostly my close friends haha.

How are you planning on running it all? I'm guessing stand alone EM for sure? - Nothing set in stone yet, but most likely an AEM/Vipec Unit or something of that sort. But yes standalone for sure.

Some good news, a friend I met through selling parts, came to my house for some more parts the other day. Got to talking and realized he is a really good welder. I still have spare parts from my rhd v7 clip and he just so happens to want to go rhd. So Im going to trade him my v7 stuff and he is going to weld my firewall swap for me Happy to have found that connection, so far everything is happening for little to nothing, and the build will be done mostly in my driveway. Can't beat it. Want to finish my wagon before we start on this car, but should be sometime soon! Until then, stay tuned for more updates.

User Info Menu

Just wanted to mock some things up. Welding starts after my wagon is done.

User Info Menu

Cool JT, this will be very interesting.

User Info Menu

Beautiful sti!

User Info Menu

Sorry I've been away. This is still at a standstill for the moment. I have been very busy with my business and my regular job. Also I started buying and selling cars and parts with my brother back in august we are on our 8 or 9th car now. Have also sold everything from an 05 sti as well. Probably wouldn't do that again too much of a hassle. I don't mind the cars though. My wagon is getting the heads sent out to headgames to get chambered to match the 2.5 block, 280 cams and a few other things. And the car is going to get repainted after it's tuned and mechanically sound. Not sure on a color yet but want to stay white. Will most likely be for sale when completed, want to focus on my rhd project the most. May also be getting a jdm import soon from Florida. 88 fc3s savanna with some tasteful mods. We will see how it goes; my buddy is going to look at it for me Thursday.
    Last edited by [JT]; 01-20-2015 at 09:18 PM.

User Info Menu

rx7 gtr spec purchased will be here sometime next week.

User Info Menu

Must be nice to finally be able to import some of the early 90's JDM's stateside now.. although it does seem like they are alot harder to come by at auctions nowadays.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by [JT] View Post
    Sorry I've been away. This is still at a standstill for the moment. I have been very busy with my business and my regular job. Also I started buying and selling cars and parts with my brother back in august we are on our 8 or 9th car now. Have also sold everything from an 05 sti as well. Probably wouldn't do that again too much of a hassle. I don't mind the cars though. My wagon is getting the heads sent out to headgames to get chambered to match the 2.5 block, 280 cams and a few other things. And the car is going to get repainted after it's tuned and mechanically sound. Not sure on a color yet but want to stay white. Will most likely be for sale when completed, want to focus on my rhd project the most. May also be getting a jdm import soon from Florida. 88 fc3s savanna with some tasteful mods. We will see how it goes; my buddy is going to look at it for me Thursday.
    Good to hear from you JT sounds like you've been busy working and having fun.
    I cannot wait to see your Impreza finished and getting a true JDM anything especially RX7 would be huge!