Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Part sourcing

User Info Menu

Default Part sourcing

Does anyone know of any jdm friendly part sources in Canada? I don't presently need anything, but I'm the paranoid type and like to have plans in place.

User Info Menu

Lots of importers can bring stuff in. Also, I've heard lots of good things from Rocky Mountain Imports, and if anything, word of mouth. Anybody else have anywhere to add their 2 cents on?
    Last edited by GregA; 02-10-2011 at 09:18 PM.

User Info Menu

Second vote for RMI. John is a great guy and can get you anything you need if he doesn't already have it on hand.

User Info Menu

I now have a full time parts person in the office called Bear, Bear is Japanese but speaks English better than I.

bear@braveautointernational.jp

OEM parts or Yahoo service.

Parts can be sent via EMS (none car customer or needed urgent) or if the customer has a vehicle purchased through us, the parts can be placed inside the vehicle.

Payment via Paypal is also excepted.

Some members on here obtain their parts through Bear, I guess they know wether Bear is friendly or not……lol.

For local (within Canada), RMI or Zen Autoworks. In many cases, you will find by the time you add EMS cost from Japan to Canada, some parts are cheaper brought local. Also, places like RMI and Zen buy and import in bulk therefore their prices are very good. We only buy as we need, not in bulk.

Cheers

MB..

PS… yes, I will update our website one day soon with regards to parts.
    Last edited by Mark; 02-10-2011 at 09:34 PM.

User Info Menu

That's awesome Mark. Should be a good success I'm sure with that parts expansion of your business. Especially buying from Yahoo and having proper English people to speak with.

User Info Menu

i have bought parts of Bear..

+1..

User Info Menu

+2...

I've dealt with Bear as well. Definitely good to deal with. He has a few different ways of sourcing parts

I don't know what shipping prices would be like for bigger items like rims and exhaust, but for smaller items EMS shipping prices seemed very reasonable to me.

User Info Menu

Give Rightdrive in Toronto a call as they can get you everything you need.
    99 Ver.5 STi Type RA Limited
    99 FD3S RS - Innocent Blue Mica

User Info Menu

Cool, glad I asked when I did - as my other thread mentions, I'm looking for an alternator now. Sigh.

User Info Menu

A lot of parts aren't exclusively JDM so I would always look local first as many parts cross-over, but it all depends on what vehicle and makes we're talking about.