Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Subaru Impreza Oil Filter Part# Thread - All Brands

User Info Menu

Thanks UrbKlr, good to know the info! The 57712 for the wrx/sti looks like the same size.

User Info Menu

Yeah it should be OK and if you're very fast you may be able to switch filters without losing too much oil...........also make sure you are not overfilled.
    I should make a thread about what other shops have seen with Mr. Lube.

That's just crazy though that they specifically recommended the wrong filter and didn't check the application. If you want to go slightly bigger (wider but not taller) get the WIX 51334/NAPA 1334

User Info Menu

Well I went to my parents to change the filter, I should've did this in the first place lol. I did not lose to much oil. The luber finer code is ph 2869 which I cross referenced to wix 51337. The manager was right about that but I rather have a good quality filter like wix instead of this luber finer (champion or fram made)

Oil is btwn the F and the notch on the dipstick.

User Info Menu

I'm glad you did it quickly and next time don't bother with Mr. Lube if you can help it . I still have no idea how the manager thought a Hino Truck filter was a good idea for your car lol.

User Info Menu

Hmm I went on luberfiner's website again to double check the cross reference link. The ph2869 IS a wix 51334 NOT 51337. I'm pretty sure the manager said it's a 51337. Maybe he, or even I got mixed up with part numbers.

Even though the right filter was on the car I still would've changed it. Manager said it was made by wix but in fact owned/made by FRAM.

JDMVIP: That picture you posted is a wix 51377 lol.

User Info Menu

lol and that actually makes sense now the 1334 is the bigger one I was using and is safe............this is typical of Mr. Lube from what I hear and I am not at all surprised. .......no it wasn't you it was Mr. Lube I'm sure of it since you already the right part!

The only rebranded WIX I know is NAPA Gold (anything other than the Gold is not WIX).