Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade USDM FD3S for my STI Type Ra

User Info Menu

I thought the Vex one was Just a Ra that was built not a STi maybe I wass wrong

User Info Menu

Its hard to find a running v1 Sti Type Ra in Japan. Most have engine problems or are rusty or have 180,000kms or all of the above. So I could see why it would be worth a lot. Mine sure was not cheep and I put a lot of money into it.

The other thing I am thinking is this FD might be a bitch to sell do to gas prices going up.
    Last edited by raceready68; 03-23-2011 at 10:50 PM.

User Info Menu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Oesc...embedded#at=94

Yeah, you're totally right, I just revisited the thread, it's a 92 WRX with a cosworth engine (changed maybe now - they say "top secret") and lots of OS giken stuff, STi gearbox etc.

I know Jonny's had a number of STi RA's though, so I guess I was confused. He didn't rally them, he just sells them, or keeps them.

User Info Menu

Ya I know that rally one had some serious work into it. Really this whole ordeal with the car and the body shop makes me just want to sell it. Plus after the tunes in there's nothing really left to do to it. I already have two summer cars and once race car to finish. I just want to get a fair price for it last time I checked there was only 600 made. I would not be suprised if there was less then 400 left after all the Rally most see. How ever nice the Fd is I think its best if I just sell it out right.

Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Oesc...embedded#at=94

Yeah, you're totally right, I just revisited the thread, it's a 92 WRX with a cosworth engine (changed maybe now - they say "top secret") and lots of OS giken stuff, STi gearbox etc.

I know Jonny's had a number of STi RA's though, so I guess I was confused. He didn't rally them, he just sells them, or keeps them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by koalorka View Post
    You want a Miata with a weird engine?
    Uh... seriously? Of all things, a Miata? How is it at all worse than your Justy with a weird engine?
    Last edited by pitty; 03-23-2011 at 11:19 PM.

User Info Menu

Ya hes clearly never had a chance to drive a FD. How fast and well they handle is amazing and they are actually really good in winter.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pitty View Post
    Uh... seriously? Of all things, a Miata? How is it at all worse than your Justy with a weird engine?
    Says the guy driving the Hyundai Elantra with nice Recaro seats..
    1995 STi Version II

User Info Menu

I don't know if it was my attempt to illustrate the inanity of your original comparison which went right over your head, or the whole thing is your attempt at making a funny which went right over every one of ours.

Either way, peace out.

User Info Menu

I say do it, I see STi RAs sell for 7500, single turbo FDs even in RHD will sell for 11k+

User Info Menu

Lol, I sense mad people.