Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade USDM FD3S for my STI Type Ra

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Trade USDM FD3S for my STI Type Ra

So my buddie has a USDM FD we are talking about doing a trade on for my STI type Ra. It black with tan interior new built motor power fc , single turbo blitz front mount lots of goodies. I am trying to figure out if I want to take this project on. It does need some work. turbo manifolds warped , fuel leak interiors out no carpet , needs new oil return front bumper has a hole, car needs wheels and a few other little things. He would be adding cash on top. I figure I will be selling my car soon any way I have to many cars already just not to sure if this is a good idea or not.

User Info Menu

USDM fd's are still worth quite a bit in good shape.

Go with what you find fit.

User Info Menu

I'd think about it if you had a beater - but you don't... You haven't even gotten to enjoy your "new" RA. From what zach was saying, it's still at the shop because you haven't picked up yet? Dude, keep your STi RA, it's worth a hell of a lot of money.
    Last edited by Soren; 03-23-2011 at 10:11 PM.

User Info Menu

You want a Miata with a weird engine?
    1995 STi Version II

User Info Menu

Well I figure the Sti Ra would prob sell for around $12,000. Once the FD is done it would be worth $14-16,000. Yes my car is still at the shop I have to speak to the Alberta manager tomorrow to see if they fixed my lights yet.

Any one thats owned a Fd knows they are one hell of a car and this one once all the bugs are worked out would be the perfect FD.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by koalorka View Post
    Uh... seriously? Of all things, a Miata? How is it at all worse than your Justy with a weird engine?
    Last edited by pitty; 03-23-2011 at 11:19 PM.

User Info Menu

Ya hes clearly never had a chance to drive a FD. How fast and well they handle is amazing and they are actually really good in winter.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pitty View Post
    Uh... seriously? Of all things, a Miata? How is it at all worse than your Justy with a weird engine?
    Says the guy driving the Hyundai Elantra with nice Recaro seats..
    1995 STi Version II

User Info Menu

I don't know if it was my attempt to illustrate the inanity of your original comparison which went right over your head, or the whole thing is your attempt at making a funny which went right over every one of ours.

Either way, peace out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by koalorka View Post
    Dude, have ever driven a miata or FD? You need to stop typing false biased formation. Miata doesn't even come close to an FD.....lol!

Raceready, I say go for it. What 's holding you back? FD's are serious track whore. I have a 1993 efini type R RHD, I was in the same boat couple years ago. I wanted to build a track car and these were are all in the mixes, gc8, gtr's, fd, or a mk4. I've always have a soft spot for an FD and she won my heart, as you can see her on my avatar. I have so much stuff lined for this summer, I just want to enjoy the sequentials for now. I would love to go single turbo maybe next year. I have power FC, arc intake, turbo back exhaust, pending at the moment catless-test pipe, coilovers 14k all around, bigger injectors, supra fuel pump, wideband, v-mount or bigger stock mount.