Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trade USDM FD3S for my STI Type Ra

User Info Menu

You Mad? Mad = insane or Mad = angry? - hey, I never asked, why do you quit. ? and what have you quit?

Is the answer "Blasting Your Pecs"?

User Info Menu

I too underestimated FD's until I drove my first one. These things are the real deal which is why they are among the Japanese supercars.

As much as I love subarus, an FD is far superior over an STi RA.
    99 Ver.5 STi Type RA Limited
    99 FD3S RS - Innocent Blue Mica

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    You Mad? Mad = insane or Mad = angry? - hey, I never asked, why do you quit. ? and what have you quit?

Is the answer "Blasting Your Pecs"?
    Mad as in angry.

I dunno,i just quit. Smart ass

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by koalorka View Post
    You want a Miata with a weird engine?
    Dude, have ever driven a miata or FD? You need to stop typing false biased formation. Miata doesn't even come close to an FD.....lol!

Raceready, I say go for it. What 's holding you back? FD's are serious track whore. I have a 1993 efini type R RHD, I was in the same boat couple years ago. I wanted to build a track car and these were are all in the mixes, gc8, gtr's, fd, or a mk4. I've always have a soft spot for an FD and she won my heart, as you can see her on my avatar. I have so much stuff lined for this summer, I just want to enjoy the sequentials for now. I would love to go single turbo maybe next year. I have power FC, arc intake, turbo back exhaust, pending at the moment catless-test pipe, coilovers 14k all around, bigger injectors, supra fuel pump, wideband, v-mount or bigger stock mount.

User Info Menu

I like the RX7... however i cant fit in it.. *Well i cant just not worth the hassle* its a pain to drive.. (It actualy hurts me cause i fit so bad)

I dislike the tempermental engine

This however makes me weak in the knee's.

Yummy Goodness

however i prolly still cant fit.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

rx7 =/= miata

/discussion

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dah_hunter View Post
    I like the RX7... however i cant fit in it.. *Well i cant just not worth the hassle* its a pain to drive.. (It actualy hurts me cause i fit so bad)

I dislike the tempermental engine

This however makes me weak in the knee's.

Yummy Goodness

however i prolly still cant fit.
    You would fit in a LHD FD with room to spare. LHD seat rails dont have the stopper on them like the JDM ones. My buddie is like 6'5 that has this FD when I sat in it with the seat all the way back I could barly push the clutch to the floor.

User Info Menu

In case anyone was wondering, I was poking fun at RaceReady for abandoning us lowly Subaru owners. The RX is a different class of performance car altogether.
    Last edited by Soren; 03-24-2011 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Edited out unnessesary comments.
    1995 STi Version II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raceready68 View Post
    You would fit in a LHD FD with room to spare. LHD seat rails dont have the stopper on them like the JDM ones. My buddie is like 6'5 that has this FD when I sat in it with the seat all the way back I could barly push the clutch to the floor.
    Maybe he would, but we have the same issues. Raceready, we've met before. I'm large, but Hunter makes me look tiny. Imagine that!
    The main issue, as I believe it to be, is the console, and armrest situation. It requires a different and smaller steering wheel to accommodate our legs. This may change if you can get further back with the seat rail, but that console/armrest/door situation is hellatious. I believe it was an RX7 that Hunter once went to pick up, and had to leave empty handed to snag a tiny wheel to be able to pilot it home.