View Poll Results: What do you think about this thread?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

7 58.33%
  • Bad

5 41.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fradulent Japanese Car Exportersfight (fraud)

User Info Menu

Exclamation Fradulent Japanese Car Exporters.. HELP FIGHT FRAUD IN JAPAN!!

I am starting this Thread because i have suffered great losses from Japanese Car Exporters who defraud Kenyan Importers and/or any other importer from other countries in different ways like 1).Not shipping a car after payment. 2).Shipping different car 3).Shipping damaged car and any other fradulent case that you ever received.I have been taken to court and have seen my fellow car dealers being subjected to the same.This is international business relation and should be given the respect it deserves.Let us join hands and list them down here with enough proof to prevent these dealings from going on.We can fight fraud together.YES WE CAN!!Post any details that will prove that the exporter messed you up!!
    Last edited by KENYA; 04-13-2011 at 03:50 AM.

User Info Menu

I am working and reviewing my mails and will post all the evidence i have about my experience with the BAD COMPANIES AND THEIR REPRESENTATIVES.In the mean time name yours and identify the persons and companies.

User Info Menu

This all seems a little weird. As usual, I ask that everyone go to the introduction thread, introduce themselves, and tell us a little bit about themselves...

If you do indeed have an importer complaint, so be it, but please do it in a calm, collected adult fashion, and don't just disappear after you've made your allegations. Ok great.

User Info Menu

Hi Kenya

Welcome to the forums, please let us know your detailed experience with different companies. You can start a new thread in the Exporter Review forum: http://forums.jdmvip.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

I have personally read many news articles from Africa about Japanese Exporters stealing millions by not shipping vehicles.

You haven't posted any details so please do share everything you know and keep us all updated.

User Info Menu

I don't know the Kenyan market for imported vehicles very well but I have a little experience.

I receive inquiries from many importers and dealers in Kenya. They usually go something like this -
    "Please give me your CIF cost for _____(enter vehicle name here)_____ shipped to Mombasa. We are looking for 30 vehicles."

At first, I used to explain to these companies the way I purchase vehicles at auction and the costs involved. I would rarely ever receive a response.

After a while I decided to give them exactly what they want. I would look at the costs and give them a price range for how much I could sell the vehicles to them at. Something like this -

2000 - 2004 (Vehicle name and chassis code)
    3.0 gasoline engine
    60,000 - 80,000 km
    Average price

I have had some luck getting to the second email this way but at the end of the day, I have never been able to sell to any dealers in Kenya.

First, let me explain that I have not compromised my policies on deposits as I don't want to be burned and that has resulted in possible lost sales.

There is something else that prevents me from competing with these dealers-

I can't manage to get my price low enough for buyers due to competing with fraudulent exporters. Here is an example - I can buy vehicle "X" for 300,000 yen excluding my fees. Other companies can supply the same vehicle for 270,000 including theirs. I have heard reports of exporters rolling back odometers (and have been asked to do this), and repairing accident damaged vehicles without mentioning it. In order for most dealers to compete in the market, they have to do these things or risk not being competitive.

So if buyers only purchase from the scamming exporters who are dishonest in their services then I am not really surprised that they are being conned themselves. The cost of purchasing from the lowest price exporter has it's down sides and this is one of them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    I

There is something else that prevents me from competing with these dealers-

I can't manage to get my price low enough for buyers due to competing with fraudulent exporters. Here is an example - I can buy vehicle "X" for 300,000 yen excluding my fees. Other companies can supply the same vehicle for 270,000 including theirs. I have heard reports of exporters rolling back odometers (and have been asked to do this), and repairing accident damaged vehicles without mentioning it. In order for most dealers to compete in the market, they have to do these things or risk not being competitive.
    I agree with you Derek. While I've been to Nairobi twice on car business, its a very difficult nut to crack. I can't seem to understand how some of these cars are passing the JAAI or JEVIC inspections. Makes me wonder about the validity of these inspections.

And, in the African market, the importer's only concern is the bottom line. I too have wasted countless hours on quotes. So now, instead of bothering with replying to emails about potential for large orders, I've got a few trusted importers who I work with. I just direct inquiries to them instead.

I am still getting emails of scams done by Japanese exporters to African clients. Seems like the low bottom line blinds people into believing they'll get that "once in a lifetime" rock bottom price, when, sadly, they get nothing but a "we're sorry, but the number you have dialed is not in service" (but in Japanese).

Steven Smith
    SASTRAD KK
    http://www.sastrad.com
    http://www.japancarexportsonline.net
    I'm a Canadian in Nagoya

User Info Menu

Yes Africa.. home of many a RHD.. Good times.. when i was there last i montiored the news paper, and checked out decals on cars to see what exporters/dealers were around, very interesting,,

I was in Kenya/Zambia/Botswana/ and Zimbawee.

it would be an interesting market to get into for sure as they way they deal with cars there is different from anywhere else i have ever been..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dah_hunter View Post
    it would be an interesting market to get into for sure as they way they deal with cars there is different from anywhere else i have ever been..
    What exactly does that mean?
    1995 STi Version II

User Info Menu

+1 koalorka, what is different about how cars are handled in Africa?

On the flip side, I've heard of many Exporters getting burned by deals in Africa/fraud.It's a shame because it seems perhaps the fraudsters are approaching the honest Exporters, and the dishonest Exporters are getting approached by the honest Importers.

Steve and Derek, I think you guys made some valid comments about this situation. My only comment is that whatever the case is, it's not right for those Exporters to defraud African companies by pocketing the funds and not sending the vehicles.

And again on the flip side, you guys make the valid point that if you're buying based on fees/price alone and the the price is too good to be true, it probably is and that's how a lot of people/companies are defrauded.

I'd only add that I think it's a shame that this stuff does go on and the Japanese government knows full well that it's happening but doesn't seem to be concerned.

The good news is that if one searches hard enough and does their research, it becomes apparent who you can and cannot trust.

User Info Menu

Bump, OP so do you have any specifics about how and which Japanese Exporters have defrauded Kenyan Importers?