Thread: How do I activate DRL fogs on an MR2?

User Info Menu

Default How do I activate DRL fogs on an MR2?

Standard relay with 5 wires doesn't seem to be working... I'm using the fogs is there a trick to this? Someone must know.. this is ridiculous this works for almost every car except mr2...?

Answer is post#8
    Last edited by jdmvip; 12-25-2013 at 12:10 PM. Reason: update answer/thanks jigaboo

User Info Menu

I'm just guessing here but when me and my brother in law did DRL on my Aristo, we couldn't get it to work either. For whatever reason, the trigger only happens/works on the driver's side headlamp if I recall correctly.

Wire up the DRL unit to the other headlight and see what happens.
    Also keep in mind my experience was with headlamps but maybe the same applies for fogs on your MR2.

User Info Menu

http://forums.jdmvip.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=39

Find the foglight switch and remove the plug that hooks up to it and jump the wire so the switch is always on, leave it unconnected from the switch after. this way fogs will be on when the car has power to it and cannot be turned off.

can easily be reversed after, 1 inch of wire and 5 minutes should be all it takes

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I got it to work doing something different with the foglights, but that was a long time ago

User Info Menu

I know it's a long time but please feel free to share it if you can remember.

User Info Menu

Sorry to post again but the reason I'm saying it is because this small thread has so many views, so clearly a lot of people are looking for this info.

User Info Menu

Dont bother with a relay. This is what I did to get a quick in-n-out DRL solution for OOP.

Remove the foglight fuse, insert the stripped end of a ~3" wire into the fuse receptacle then re-install the fuse (effectively smooshing the wire in with the fuse). Then run the other end of the wire to a key on power source inside teh fusebox. Boom, fused DRL foglights.

As soon as my OOP was complete, I removed the jimmy rig and went on my way.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jigaboo View Post
    Dont bother with a relay. This is what I did to get a quick in-n-out DRL solution for OOP.

Remove the foglight fuse, insert the stripped end of a ~3" wire into the fuse receptacle then re-install the fuse (effectively smooshing the wire in with the fuse). Then run the other end of the wire to a key on power source inside teh fusebox. Boom, fused DRL foglights.

As soon as my OOP was complete, I removed the jimmy rig and went on my way.
    exact same thing I did, cheap and effective!

User Info Menu

Great info guys, I updated the OP.