Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: For Corolla Enthusiasts

User Info Menu

I'll probely be rebuilding my engine this year. ^_^
    Hehe.

I got an idea for a thread.

User Info Menu

Make a project rebuild thread for your car and keep us posted with pics and as much info. Maybe I can learn something from it too

User Info Menu

I will defiantly, when I get the pictures from my friend and such.

I've been planning to making one, but I wanna get a tiny bit more progress done.

User Info Menu

That sounds good. Just take your time and it's good if you have help from family or friends.

User Info Menu

Yeah totally, soaking up all this satisfaction I'm getting. Man, it feels soooo good.

I'm a car junkie.

User Info Menu

Old thread, but BAM!

This is my new corolla! Levin GT-Apex. Picked it up from the docks today! So far I'm happy with what I got. There are a few minor things here and there that I need to replace and fix, but seems to run good which is my main concern always. Needs a good tune up as it feels a little sluggish, but then again I am used to a 300+hp Skyline! She purs like a kitten though and actually once I boosted it from the docks, it started up without boosting it a mere 10 minutes later which hardly ever happens with cars from the docks!! Will be getting it inspected and on the road this week!

The rims cleaned up nice...from export pics they were quite dirty, but they are actually quite mint! Very little oxidation on them, and they seem fairly new.

Bought the car from Evan at Garage Fujimoto

Just learning a lot about it tonight - finding common parts which are cross-referenceable (new word I just made up). The AE101 is not the most abundant car so some parts are proving to be annoying to find. Some stuff I'm sure will have to come straight from Japan.

Hopefully she's reliable and treats me well
    == Chris ==
    2007 Yamaha FZ6 (for sale)
    1995 BMW 525i Ltd
    1992 Levin GT-Apex - soon to be retired

User Info Menu

Yay Levin..

Im still unsure if i should have bought this..

I will have to check it out.. when are you getting your inspection>

User Info Menu

Those are fun DD's.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dah_hunter View Post
    Yay Levin..

Im still unsure if i should have bought this..

I will have to check it out.. when are you getting your inspection>
    I'd say it's pretty nice overall. Drives nice, fairly comfortable. I've been trying to call MF tech this morning with no luck. I'd get it done today or Friday. I'll keep trying. Going to get a day permit today anyways and get it air cared and tuned up. Give me a call later Ben if you're around!

I'll take some more pics today and post them up this evening
    == Chris ==
    2007 Yamaha FZ6 (for sale)
    1995 BMW 525i Ltd
    1992 Levin GT-Apex - soon to be retired

User Info Menu

Niiice, love that it can rev to 9.3 grand I think. Haven't thought of 20v's lately since I own a 16v haha.