Thread: Height restrictions in RX-7's?

User Info Menu

Default Height restrictions in RX-7's?

I'm pretty new on the whole import scene and I am just curious about the rx-7's. I'am about 6'2 ish and I've sat in a stock right hand drive rx-7 and I couldn't really move my legs that much so it would be very very difficult for me to drive a 5spd. I've heard that if you get after market seats you can adjust them further stock? Not 100% so just wondering

Thanks, Josh.

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forums. I'm not 100% either, but I'm pretty sure you can modify/swap the seat rails to allow for more room and adjustability. I'm sure someone else will chip in with some better information.

User Info Menu

I had a friend who was 6'2 and had issues with a JDM RX-7. They have the back seats in them unlike the models that were made here, so restrict that extra space. He had to sell the car because it was not comfortable to drive.

User Info Menu

My brothers 6'3 and has no issues he drives his all the time he does not even have the seat 100% all the way back.

User Info Menu

Are those stock seats and rails Jason ? Is it a Japanese model ?

I think maybe the Type X or Type R might have slight changes. Maybe the seats could be one of them ?

User Info Menu

Yes full stock interior even the steering wheel.

User Info Menu

Every tall person has there own preferance..

i drive a lot of cars that people cant beleive i fit in..

im 6'10

However the FD RX7 is one of the cars that i cant make work.. YEs i can drive it.. and i have driven a few.. however is it worth it no..

6'2".. thats a bit shorter so if it was me, i would say that manageable..

but i haven't been that short since i was 12..

User Info Menu

so you aren't standing on a cliff or anything in your signature picture?!?!

User Info Menu

I think the back and sideways gangster lean is a secret among the tall jdm owners

Im sure you could remove the rear seats (they are useless anyways) and get some sort of extended rails youd think.