Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Importing Euro cars to North America

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Importing Euro cars to North America

Anybody know anything about doing this? Any comments on the logistics of this are appreciated.

User Info Menu

.. what is your question..

its the same as importing a car from japan..

15 years old.. and its good to go..

Put it in a container, or catch a RO/RO boat heading this way and ship it over..

:-)

User Info Menu

Thanks for a reply, What I was concerned with is that in my mind up until just recently a major amount came from Japan. So I figured that like a well used road everything is bound to go smoother from Japan as opposed to anywhere else. In Japan there are people that are there to help with this whole deal as a business. Is this also true of Holland for example?

User Info Menu

so i can import a LHD Supra..

User Info Menu

I know of someone who is moving to Canada from UK and has his car and funiture in a container headed for montreal

User Info Menu

really, i could see that as being possible but is there some sort of setup similar to the JDM auctions, except european? i looked for it a few months ago and concluded that it wasnt possible, i guess i was wrong

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kunzz View Post
    really, i could see that as being possible but is there some sort of setup similar to the JDM auctions, except european? i looked for it a few months ago and concluded that it wasnt possible, i guess i was wrong
    If you want a source for obtaining European vehicles out of the UK, drop Tom an email.

http://www.braveautointernational.jp...e-auto-uk.html

Tom is an "import" broker in the UK but I am sure he can also source and export as well. Tom is rather fussy about his cars, trust me, I have first hand experience dealing with him with the vehicles I source for Tom and his customers from here. You can trust Tom with your $$ and you will find him a straight up guy to deal with.

Cheers

Mark.

User Info Menu

mines going in a container so its covered up

User Info Menu

+1 to hunter although in practice, at least in BC I'm told that anything LHD that comes from Japan isn't treated as harshly as a RHD (technically the rules are the same for all cars though.......but enforcement and reality are different).

Not to poke at Mark's plug, I don't doubt his recommendation but it's generally accepted that you won't find Euro cars in Europe with the same condition, age and mileage that you will from Japan (this is what I've read in many forums at least), but of course I'm sure there are some possibilities and it sounds like this Tom is the one who finds those.

User Info Menu

my saxo has ownly 63k miles on it