Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Million questions about soarer

User Info Menu

Default Million questions about soarer

The minute I saw the rear end of soarer, i fell in love. So I've been trying to get me one. I found this one, the list of the mods is below, some pics before the install are below as well. Now apparently the guy does all the installs/tune ups himself. He's swapping tt for single gt35r turbo, and is going to use stock ecu without the a/c fuse, which apparently makes the engine "learn" the new set up. Now does that mean that I can't use ac at all?
    If not how much for aftermarket ecu, so i can use ac?

So i might consider buying this soarer, I need your guys' help, how much is it worth?

1992 soarer auto with 172000kms, engine rebuilt 4000ago.
    Mods.

- HKS turbo timer.
    - HKS stage 2 cams.
    - HKS SSQV BOV.
    - JUN connecting rods (pressed to stock 8.8:1 pistons).
    - Twin Magnaflow exhaust cans on stock mid section.
    - FORGED Racing radiator.
    - Polished aluminum, etc.
    - Battery relocation.
    - Stage 1.5 shift kit (Auto)

Pending mods. (Awaiting arrival).

- Garrett GT35R turbo (good for 650hp).
    - OBX stainless single turbo manifold.
    - OBX single turbo 3" donwpipe.
    - HKS 46mm wastegate.
    - Oil lines, etc.

Things that come with the car.

- JVC LCD touchscreen 7" DVD deck.
    - Stinger Capacitor 1F.
    - Two 1000watt RMS Alpine monoblock amps.
    - Two 10" Alpine 10" type-R's in bassworxx sealed boxes.
    - Hertz rear speakers
    - 4 dash mounted DefI gauges; oil, water, boost, voltage.
    - 1 dash mounted AEM; wideband eugo gauge.
    - Core racing 5-Spoke rims.

The bad.

- Small scuff on drivers side of trunk lid.
    - Scratches on passengers side skirt.
    - Two small scratches to the front of the rear wheel well on the passengers side.
    - Small crack in the lower lip above passengers exhaust tip.
    - slightly unsightly crack on the drivers side door panel.

And lets say I wanted to build this up to 400hp, what would I need to get and how much would it cost? labour+parts?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
      To view attachments your post count must be 1 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.

User Info Menu

I don't know much about Soarers really but its a pretty sick looking ride you've got.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

not mine im just trying to see if its worth getting and how much should i pay and all those other questions above

User Info Menu

Not sure about this 1.5 shift kit, but auto trannys will not handle more than 400 crank hp

don't see any upgraded fuel injectors/fuel pump.

not very hard to get 400 hp with that turbine, but you will need a piggyback like greddy ultimate or something similar.

best place to check out is soarercentral

User Info Menu

Its worth what u are willing to pay. I got a new in box greddy emange for piggy back if u need it and you will. Theres no ecu mod that will retune the car. You are going to need more parts then what its comming with and the down pipes a bit of a bitch to do casue the steering is right there. The auto transmission is also a huge piece of shit if you try throwing any power at it.

User Info Menu

Meh, if auto is that bad, i'd imagine its a ton of money to upgrade it or swap to manual. Nevermind i guess, onto looking for some other one. Besides come to think about it, i wouldn't be able to live with auto sports car. Thanks guys.

User Info Menu

I had the first legal Jzz30 Soarer in Canada and I was the first one to do a single turbo on one. Really fun car but takes money and lots of work to make fast. You are looking at about $3500 for a built auto tranny even if u go with a turbo 400 its still not cheep.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Daniils View Post
    not mine im just trying to see if its worth getting and how much should i pay and all those other questions above
    Oh shit I somehow missed that part.

Ya I would for sure hold out and buy a factory 5spd one. Not as many out there but they are there. And worth it.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raceready68 View Post
    I had the first legal Jzz30 Soarer in Canada and I was the first one to do a single turbo on one. Really fun car but takes money and lots of work to make fast. You are looking at about $3500 for a built auto tranny even if u go with a turbo 400 its still not cheep.
    And for that price you could do a manual swap. lol If you want a manual trans, keep looking. This car will run you upward of 10,000 or more with the mods that it requires... if you got the car for 5.

User Info Menu