Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes Benz AMGs

User Info Menu

Default Mercedes Benz AMGs

Anyone lust after AMGs? After buying a stack of them I finally got the bug. Here is a sexy SL70 AMG that I picked up last week. Almost 500 factory horspower, pretty impressive for a 96!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4gBYTp9bBo

User Info Menu

Pretty impressive car on paper, but to own and maintain one is a nightmare.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Pretty impressive car on paper, but to own and maintain one is a nightmare.
    Nah, they aint that bad .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBros View Post
    Nah, they aint that bad .
    You must get on well with your bank manager......lol. I have to agree with William, the V12 Merc's (all models) are a nightmare on the back pocket, I hate them with a passion and will not buy them anymore unless a customer begs me to. Does not matter if you buy the best one in the world........ it will catch up with the owner in the end.
    These are "millionaires" vehicles, in other worlds the rich and famous where buying them new or near new, if you could afford the new/near new price tag you could afford the huge maintenance costs. But today, these types of vehicles are now in the reach of the everyday Jo Blog who normally spends $500 - 1k a year on maintenance. What they do not realise is, new or used including 15yr old examples still come with the huge maintenance costs and the older they get…… the bigger it gets as you start including repairs as they are not designed to last forever.

Cheers

MB..

User Info Menu

I dont know what kind of problems you guys have had but I have sold a good number of them and beyond the odd coil pack, window motor or front harness I havent had many troubles. Agreed that anyone with unrealistic expectations or pinched pennys in the first place to afford the thing could get a little surprise but anyone who knows what they are dealing with cant be that blindsided by things. I mean its not a Honda Civic.

User Info Menu

I like the look of pretty much all of the AMG's, but I've heard too many horror stories. It also seems to be difficult to find DIY maintenance on the web for Mercedes cars. I've wanted to buy a Merc for a number of years now, but can't seem to pull the trigger.

Since people that own BMW's, Toyota's and Subaru's love their cars and love to work on them there seems to be lots of info out there, so I'll stick around those ones ....at least until I get brave maybe....

User Info Menu

Wow that's a pretty cool looking car. I didn't realize they had that much power stock! But ya, I could imagine it would be a tough car to maintain.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

If the V12s scare you maintenance wise you can always get one like this SL60 I had a few months back. 6.0L V8!

User Info Menu

It makes this car Luxury.....

it's one of the luxury car in the world

Yes Ryan, by look it seems awesome......

But for this luxury car we have to pay " big amount"......

it start's the revolution in luxury car....

while driving it makes us feel like heaven........

luxury car means "awesome"....

It's fact that the accessories of luxury cars also expensive......
    Last edited by Soren; 08-22-2011 at 10:32 PM. Reason: This is getting ridiculous

User Info Menu

Dammit. Stop with the nonsense posts. Be constructive, or I'll delete all your posts.