Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your favorite European car?

User Info Menu

Default Whats your favorite European car?

Well, what is it? I know that this forum is skewed towards the Japanese stuff but there has to be a soft spot for something from Europe.

Here are a few of my faves, all from the 90s:

E73 Brabus
    R129 Renntech 7.4
    Audi RS2 Avant
    Koenig Benzes
    Fiat Turbo Coupe 20V
    Alfa Spyder/GTV 3.0L

User Info Menu

Check out this video of a Brabus 7.3, nasty business here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaqapJK5Efw

User Info Menu

I really like the new Fiat 500 for some reason...Actually, the European concept of small hatchbacks really appeals to me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    I really like the new Fiat 500 for some reason...Actually, the European concept of small hatchbacks really appeals to me.
    The Fiat 500s are rad! Check out the Abarth version, makes a great car amazing!

User Info Menu

I love the older mid-1990s Alfa Romeo line-up, especially the 155 and 146:

Their GTV/Alfetta is still a gorgeous car, their 164 was revolutionary, overall, they made some remarkable cars.
    Last edited by koalorka; 07-15-2011 at 09:02 AM.
    1995 STi Version II

User Info Menu

I was in the new Fiat at the car show here a while ago. Only car I was interested in getting inside. Rad if you ask me - and I fit - just. I don't fit on the passenger side because the seat does not have the same height adjustment.
    I'd rock one.

I like some Peugots (206 and some 205's), Citroen H van (...but of course you would!)and have always had a hard on for the Renault Clio V6. Now, if we're talking about cars I can't afford - well, there are too many. Top of my list would be Ferrari F40
    Too many Lotii to choose, but maybe a 90's Espirit, or an Elise 111S or 340R
    Lancia's (oh spagettimonster yes!)
    Sierra Cossieh's!
    80's Astons
    DeTomaso Pantera

the list goes on. I've never owned a European car, the main reason being fear of maintenance/prejudice. I've been close on an old Saab, a BMW M3, and considered an AMG a few times. Never pulled the trigger because of what I think I know. (the prejudice that many European cars break easily and are temperamental)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by koalorka View Post
    I love the older mid-1990s Alfa Romeo line-up, especially the 156 and 166.
    The Alfas are cool too! I like the 155Q4 with the Lancia Delta engine and the all-wheel drive! A real wolf in sheeps clothing.

User Info Menu

Italian sports cars are soo nice, and soo scary at the same time..
    Still would probably trade a finger for a Diablo though, lol

User Info Menu

No love for the Alpina?

They ran a 3.5 litre V6 in the E30 and it outperformed the M3 at every level. What a great combination:

1995 STi Version II

User Info Menu

Holy Smokes! V6? How about this? I googled "Fastest Alpina M3" and came up with the B8 which apparently had a 4.6L 8 Cyl smacked in there!
    337 lb/ft torque at 4900, and 333 hp at 5700. Also cost 122,000 apparently - but I don't know what monetary system that is in. WOWZers!

funny thing though, is that it's off of the 525i - so, that wouldn't be an M3 then.. hmm. Google fail on my account. Well, amazing car anyhow.
    Last edited by Soren; 07-15-2011 at 10:21 AM.