Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I used to have a Honda!!!

User Info Menu

Default I used to have a Honda!!!

Just trying to create discussion here...

I used to have a Honda. It was a hawt red 1989 Prelude Si. It was slammed, rollin on black 16" rimz, and had a cool sounding muffler...a real muffler, not a fart can that sounds like a fat kid sharding into a metal trash can. The whole exhaust system was replaced so something better was put in that was more "cool". It was fun. Some days I actually miss that car. It always started and never asked me for much. *sniff*

There are a lot of Honda's out there, and at one point, I'm sure a lot of people have owned one at one point in time...What kind of Honda have YOU owned?

User Info Menu

My first and only honda ever is a 90 CRX..
    that i currently drive when i skyline isnt on the road..

and after all my years of honda bashing..

THey are good..

:-)

Its red. Rusty.. and RUNS

User Info Menu

I bash Honda's and right now I'm still driving a stupid Accord
    LOL at least it's not riced out.

User Info Menu

hehe

I personally never bash "Honda" owners, just specific morons that make their car complete rubbish.

Personally, I think it's distasteful to treat "Honda owners" in general like a bunch of morons. Sure, there are a ton of Honda's on the road, so there's bound to be a bunch of young dorks that own one. I poke fun at people that do ridiculous mods that have nothing to do with function or performance...and I think most parts under this category would be for Honda's...lol

I attached a pic of my old lude. I definitely miss it compared to my crappy GTI...Perhaps later I will start a new thread in the general discussion to showcase all the cars I've owned throughout the years. I think I have pics of them all...

User Info Menu

true, good point Chris

Maybe we should blame Honda too for not making high performance turbocharged cars.

Honda could do so much better but they just don't have the heart for it I guess.

User Info Menu

No kidding~

I can't remember if I mentioned it here or not, but the Chevy Cobalt SS is sweet. It's now turbocharged and has some decent numbers behind it. At least they are trying to improve from their previous generations...I believe this car is also cheaper than the civic si. The civic is more refined IMO, but for me it comes down to how the car drives, rather than the prettiness.

Cobalt Article
    a 260-hp, 260-lb-ft, direct-injection, 2.0-liter turbocharged four...that could be fun.
    Last edited by CDE; 03-31-2008 at 05:14 PM.

User Info Menu

I wouldn't say sweet because I personally hate American cars but I'll say they have the oldschool JDM inspiration minus the quality and appeal I think.

And definitely at least they're trying to improve, Japan is going downhill fast. I'm sure our generation of JDM cars will be known as the golden age of Japan's car industry.

I've driven the Civic but not the Cobalt and I'm sure the Civic probably drives nicer though . It's just too bad Honda won't turbo anything and that they've forced ricers to just throw on a bucket sized exhaust out of frustration

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    I wouldn't say sweet because I personally hate American cars but I'll say they have the oldschool JDM inspiration minus the quality and appeal I think.

And definitely at least they're trying to improve, Japan is going downhill fast. I'm sure our generation of JDM cars will be known as the golden age of Japan's car industry.

I've driven the Civic but not the Cobalt and I'm sure the Civic probably drives nicer though . It's just too bad Honda won't turbo anything and that they've forced ricers to just throw on a bucket sized exhaust out of frustration
    Yes, very true...I should have also been more specific...I classify the "sweet" as far as GM cars are concerned...I've bought German and Japanese over domestic, and if I were buying a NEW car today, there still aren't any GM's that appeal. After just 1 years I was able to recoup most of the money on my 2007 Rabbit when I sold it. If I was in that situation with a Cobalt...I would have lost thousands due to very fast depreciation.

User Info Menu

Very true about the depreciation.
    These days I can't see a single new car I'd be interested in.

I'm very disgusted with how JDM has become in recent years.
    The quality and "greatness" of the cars has really declined IMHO.

Have you seen the article in our BLOG section about JDM?

User Info Menu

Yes I did read it. I pretty much mostly agree. But I haven't been paying too close attention because I've just been too busy lately. I'm usually quite up on new car stuff...

A new car I would want to check out is the Lancer Ralliart. I quite like the looks of the new Lancer's and when I test drove one almost 2 years ago, it was a decent car. My only real complaint was the melancholy interior. It handled great, and was overall a fun car to drive (the Ralliart edition in pearl white).

Also going back to the Honda stuff, I can't believe the Si is the only civic still to have 4 wheel disc breaks. The next step down has drums in the rear...seriously. WHY!?!