Thread: Eunos Roadster/MX-5/Miata

User Info Menu

Default Eunos Roadster/MX-5/Miata

Does anybody have any experience with JDM Miatas? I'm pretty interested in them, and barring the possibility of me not fitting comfortably in one, I plan on importing one. I'm just impressed with the shear amount of tuning options readily available, and I've heard nothing but praise about the cars drive-ability. I just haven't seen too many RHD Roadsters, or much talk of them here. What does everybody think of them?

User Info Menu

I pulled up beside one at a light one day, woman driving. That's all the experience I have with them. lol

User Info Menu

It's a Miata with the steering wheel on the other side. There was the occasional special edition (like one had adjustable head rests) and other minor things like that, but really nothing overly different than ours.

Again, with many early Miatas showing rust in the rear rocker area, a JDM one might be a good buy, but the market for North American ones is pretty depressed, and they were owned by a lot of people who really took care of them too, IMHO the only reason I'd get one from Japan is if it was loaded with aftermarket goodies.

User Info Menu

There is a usdm one with a 400lb dude driving it around where I live.

The left side of the car drags on the ground, but he fits.

User Info Menu

I don't know how big you are, but if you want something a little more unique in a JDM roadster, I would suggest a Suzuki Cappuccino. I talked to a guy here in Lethbridge with a red one last year, and it is tiny and awesome! There is a great online community for them as well:

http://www.clubcappo.co.uk/board/Blah/Blah.cgi?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lethbridge_man View Post
    I don't know how big you are, but if you want something a little more unique in a JDM roadster, I would suggest a Suzuki Cappuccino. I talked to a guy here in Lethbridge with a red one last year, and it is tiny and awesome! There is a great online community for them as well:

http://www.clubcappo.co.uk/board/Blah/Blah.cgi?
    I'm about 6'2 and 270lbs with broad shoulders, there is pretty much no way I could fit in a Cappuccino. I really wish I could, I love the Kei cars, especially the Cappuccino, and the AZ-1. I've heard both are rather small. I think the MX-5 is about the smallest I could go. I was also thinking BMW Z3, but I've heard the early 1.9L models aren't nearly as good as the MX-5's.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HermanSchultz View Post
    I'm about 6'2 and 270lbs with broad shoulders, there is pretty much no way I could fit in a Cappuccino.
    You might find it very challenging fitting in a Miata as well. I'm 6'1 and I can't fit my knees under the steering wheel, only way around it. Makes pedalwork challenging, to say the least! Not even talking about heel-toe... I've only been in north american ones, but the JDM version doesn't have an adjustable steering column either, and virtually the same interior dimensions.

Also worth mentioning, on stock suspension the car has as much body roll as a kayak in high seas.