Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long does it take to ship?

User Info Menu

no, never feel like you HAVE to search here. I mean, it's good to do, but we're not gonna jump on you here for that.

What do you mean by shipping agent for your ship?
    Do you mean to get the car to your city from Vancouver? Or do you mean someone to handle getting the car into the country?

Edit - also the porsche sounds sick. After speaking with Inokiyo this weekend, I'd spend money servicing it as soon as you get it here, to preserve it. He had one, and certainly it would have saved him headaches if he'd done that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    no, never feel like you HAVE to search here. I mean, it's good to do, but we're not gonna jump on you here for that.

What do you mean by shipping agent for your ship?
    Do you mean to get the car to your city from Vancouver? Or do you mean someone to handle getting the car into the country?

Edit - also the porsche sounds sick. After speaking with Inokiyo this weekend, I'd spend money servicing it as soon as you get it here, to preserve it. He had one, and certainly it would have saved him headaches if he'd done that.
    Thanks Soren, I figured you guys are a friendly bunch I've been most impressed with your post on the Autospec thread and I agree my vote for President! LOL..

Yes indeed the shipping agent of the ship "Modern Peak" that will bring my car to Vancouver... I did some searching and it looks like NYK would be the shipping line for this ship so the ship agent I read on the RORO thread should be that. I will venture to do this on my own, that will save some money that will go back on the car! Still confused about the Bill of Landing and all the paperwork that my broker should send me. Not getting many answer either. I guess the sale is done and on to more sales... Oh well...

Re the 928, yeap they are really nice and I plan to change belts, waterpump and other small things that are the weak points on these cars. I have been a long time Porsche owner, usually 911's so I know them well... this will be my first waterpumper and will be my daily driver. I'm pretty exited about it and it cant come soon enough as I'm currently driving my race car on the street and with 900lbs spring rates its not exactly street friendly. Not to mention the looks that I get driving a lowered 911 with stickers plastered all around the big wings on and me wearing a suit and 6 point belts

User Info Menu

Honestly, being your first time and well even many times afterwards, using a Customs Broker will cost you an extra $250 but it will save you some grief. You can basically go from start to finish without doing much other than wiring the money.

If you live in the Lower Mainland, you can probably do it yourself however with guidance from people on here.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raspeed View Post
    Honestly, being your first time and well even many times afterwards, using a Customs Broker will cost you an extra $250 but it will save you some grief. You can basically go from start to finish without doing much other than wiring the money.

If you live in the Lower Mainland, you can probably do it yourself however with guidance from people on here.
    Yeah I live in the lower mainland so its not that difficult for me to do this. Having said that I realize that its not too much money to get a broker, however I just feel that by doing it myself will complete the experience on this special car. You dont do that everyday and maybe for me it will be once in a lifetime. Besides I got my booster and gerrycan ready!!!
    Thanks!

User Info Menu

Once in a lifetime?

It's like crack dude. Once you start you won't stop.

I keep trying to quit but always manage to fall off (or maybe in this case back on) the wagon.

TRUST ME.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raspeed View Post
    Once in a lifetime?

It's like crack dude. Once you start you won't stop.

I keep trying to quit but always manage to fall off (or maybe in this case back on) the wagon.

TRUST ME.
    At the end of the day crack may be cheaper!LOL