Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another one to Team Toyota. No JDM content.

User Info Menu

Default Another one to Team Toyota. No JDM content.

Here is it, my first Toyota. I decided to call it Eins, which is the number one in German, because it is the first of probably many and counting in German is sexy.

1985 Corolla GT-S Coupe, 254,000km
    -Megan springs and Tokico shocks
    -Whiteline panhard(broken)
    -Cusco 1 way(I'm told)
    -Aftermarket header with the worst exhaust job I've seen
    -Cone filter
    -Oil cooler
    -Nardi wheel
    -Razo knob
    -Gas leak

How it sits(How I bought it):

I found a bandana in my backback after I bought it so I put it on the e-brake handle.

Plans:
    -TRD/poly bushing kit(Purchased)
    -Exhaust (Purchased going in next week)
    -D-Garage strut bar(Purchased, body is a little out of shape and it won't go on at this minute)
    -14x7 D-Slots(Purchased, arriving in 2 weeks)
    -Fix panhard(At the shop now)
    -Fix gas leak
    -New front brakes(Stainless lines if I have the money)
    -New oil cooler lines
    -Aluminum rad
    -Fix door.
    -Adjust e-brake

Those are all the things that I can see happening soon. It needs more angle, so eventually manual rack, possibly cressida front end stuff since I've seen a few poeple on here use it to get more angle. I have no welding experience so I can't lenthen the control arms and tie rods myself. Also thinking of a hydro e-brake to be ballur, drift brake at least. New seats, I don't like the stock GTS ones. Lower. Probably going to have to do something about the rust, maybe cut it off the fenders and put flares on. The under side is actually better than I was expecting for a 27 year old Corolla, drivers side strut tower is rused out at the bottom though, I suspect that is why the strut bar wouldn't fit.

As for power, I'm probably going to buy another 4AGE to rebuild for a ITB set up, this is thinking quite a ways ahead, I still have to learn about that stuff, next year if I'm lucky, or when ever the engine blows. Might throw some aftermarket cams into the stock engine, with some sort of engine management system until then.

That's it for now.

User Info Menu

Xani, I'm confused. You had a 555, and sold it for this toyo? It's got rust everywhere.. so many miles.

User Info Menu

Looks like a lot of work ahead. Sure has a lot of rust.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Soren View Post
    Xani, I'm confused. You had a 555, and sold it for this toyo? It's got rust everywhere.. so many miles.
    I sold the 555 for a couple reasons, at the time, this was not the plan. I ended up putting money away for school, and paying off debt. Then bought this because it's about to rain for 8 months and I can learn how to drift.

Luckily 95% of the rust is on replaceable panels. Edit: okay at least 60%
    Last edited by Xanicron; 09-01-2011 at 11:49 PM.

User Info Menu

Haha. You got bit by the 86 bug. Good luck getting out of that one.

These cars are excellent and a much better car than the GC8 In my opinion (sorry cool guys).

The coupes are cool and not appreciated enough.

As for the rust... Yikes. But it wouldn't be a proper "first Toyota" without it.

User Info Menu

Oh how I love 8-6's! To this day I still remember the one that "could have been" my first car.
    Not sure in what way(s) they would be technically "better" than a GC8, but they have this undeniable raw, old-school vibe and I'll always have a soft spot for them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post

These cars are excellent and a much better car than the GC8 In my opinion (sorry cool guys).

The coupes are cool and not appreciated enough.

As for the rust... Yikes. But it wouldn't be a proper "first Toyota" without it.
    They are both great cars.

I used to love the hatches and wanted one since I was 13, but recently I have been favouring the coupes. I think I'm going to paint it flat black and matte green(military green) if I fix the rust.

Too true, about the first Toyota comment.

User Info Menu

Not sure in what way(s) they would be technically "better" than a GC8
    It's the mystery of the 86. Nobody knows why it is such a great driving car despite losing on paper in almost every area.

I have driven a lot of different and some expensive cars that would put the 86 under the table easily but I still consider the little Toyota to be one of, if not m favorite car.

My opinion... The WRX is faster but the GTS is more fun.

User Info Menu

Ya.. i had one of these.. it was a blast.. i approve..

User Info Menu

Cool car! have you assesed all the rust on it yet though? it looks like rockers, wheel wells, maybe diff mounts etc you could have to redo!

Looks like my supra

[img]
    1997 Toyota Celsior UCF20
    2002 Ford F150 5.4 4x4
    2012 Ford Focus Ti Sedan Sport
    97 Cr250R/08 Thundercat 1000