Thread: Best place to buy used engines and transmissions?

User Info Menu

Default Best place to buy used engines and transmissions?

This is something a lot of people are probably looking for. I know there are some places that can get JDM engines but most are in Montreal and most are shady and untrustworthy from what I've read.

I'm looking for a company in Japan that is trustworthy that has regular container shipments to Vancouver, Canada area so they can ship parts cheap or maybe even free such as used transmission, engine etc...

If anyone knows a trustworthy company inside Japan that you can get parts especially engines and transmissions and you can trust they won't send you a junked engine or transmission please let us know here.

I'll also add them to the vendor lists

User Info Menu

unless you are buying a container load...... then tread very carefully....as there is not much loyalty with small timers.

If you think some car exporters are a little dodgy........ wait until you do business with the JDM engine outlets.

Even I will not get involved with supplying engines...... unless I can hear it and test it myself... I do not want to know about it.

User Info Menu

Thanks for that info Mark. That is what I was worried about and why I asked

I just want to find a good source of used engines and transmissions etc.. because you never know when you might need one.

If anyone has anymore suggestions or recommended companies for this please let me know

User Info Menu

Does anyone have any leads? All kinds of people do engine swaps so where do they get their engines from?

User Info Menu

http://www.japantrading.co.jp/

http://english.itp.ne.jp/bj/web/1130...1130091100.htm

I found those two places before and haven't contacted them.

What I am looking for is a place that can ship an engine to your door basically and a place that could give you relative assurance of the condition of the engine. I know it's probably asking a lot, since my feeling is that local engine suppliers probably buy from these outfits in bulk for a low price and can afford some engines to be junk.

If anyone has any good suggestions on engine/transmission used part suppliers or has experience with these kinds of companies please post here

User Info Menu

One thought I had is that maybe Exporters would like to offer this kind of thing as an extra service, maybe going to a junkyard and retrieving an engine, or maybe just buying a written off accident car for dirt cheap if the engine is good and shipping the engine over in the next container of their customer.

I think that would be a good and lucrative thing for Exporters to get into, what do you Exporters think about this?

User Info Menu

I bought Honda Civic D17A JDM engine from Engine World Inc in Houston and I am very happy with it. Their website url is http://www.bestjapaneseengines.com/
    Last edited by rickkerny; 04-22-2016 at 07:04 PM.