Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Suggestion Thread - What Do You Like or Dislike?

User Info Menu

Default The Suggestion Thread - What Do You Like or Dislike?

Don't be shy to post what you like or dislike about these forums.
    Let us know what needs to be improved and how it can be improved, and what should stay.

Thanks everyone for your feedback

User Info Menu

I dislike the fact that I do not have more jdm vehicles in my possession...
    that is all.

User Info Menu

I don't like how my knowledge in cars suck.

Seriously though, I don't like the inactive-ness...
    Not many people own JDM cars, sadly.

User Info Menu

I hear you.
    its a learning process, it exponentially increases as you spend more time reading up on forums like here, and spending as much time as you can around them and people who know them! being a girl does sorta suck though, because most guys immediately do not want to take you seriously or have a serious conversation with you, period.

User Info Menu

I swear, I don't understand what you just meant there.

I talk to my girlfriend perfectly about cars.... >_>
    And she doesn't know squat.

She ask me what a body kit is, I explain.
    I don't feel that "Pshh, noob" thing.

Even with girls I don't know.

User Info Menu

yah, not all guys do, but some of them really have a preconceived notion towards the girls. I have had a helluva time gaining respect in the local scene, based on the fact that I am a girl, I bought a jdm without know shitall about cars, my car is flashy, and I honestly am there for the learning experience and not to pick up guys with nice cars, as most gals are who come out to meets and things. I have always gotten a lot of the "pshh whatever noob" thing, and most girls do. I think thats why there are so few into cars, it can be a stuck up man's world, with many men just treating you like you are retarded.
    but i just ignore them and continue on my merry way towards one sick s13 whip

User Info Menu

If there were more girls like you, we'd have more women stand up to the one sided-ness.

But hey, our government is trying now so it's all good. ^-^ !
    Just has to be faster.

I can't wait to get more experience and teach my girl how to do it, I enjoy watching a girl work on a car. It's unrealistic, but that what makes it so awesome.

User Info Menu

lol shortie thanks but if anything is missing from these forums or the main site please suggest it.

I'm lucky because my wife is very open to learning things about cars especially JDM. You just have to explain it in a way that gets them interested. That's one thing I love about my wife, many girls don't want to know about stuff like this or allow their man to get into it. Man tells me to drive harder and mod more

shortie you would be any guys dream, especially if they enjoy JDM cars.
    I think people here take you seriously, a lot of guys probably know less than you but we all have to start somewhere.

I still have a long way to go and a lot to learn too, I started learning just by reading forums, just like you. I'm not saying I know my stuff, but I have learned a lot in the past 1.5 years by reading.

You guys had a good a conversation tonight too but don't be afraid to post this stuff in a new thread

User Info Menu

Absolutely, hopefully my girlfriend will be into it too and we'll all have a nice non-one sided gender coversation!

User Info Menu