Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nooo!

User Info Menu

Default Nooo!

Just had a lady back her Cayenne in to my RA. The bumper can be probably painted, but is it possible to save the trunk?

If not, does anyone know where to get a GC8 Trunk?

Thanks!

User Info Menu

PDR That!

Won't be a problem at all

User Info Menu

The best advice I can give you is just contact any authorized service center for this and ask a claim from your insurance company, they will do all at approx. no cost. The paint and the dent on the bumper all will be vanished.

User Info Menu

If she has a Porsche, she can pay the cash to get it done for you.

User Info Menu

Will grab some quotes today and figure out what's the best way to go forward. Hopefully I won't have to go through the BS of the shops refusing to work on JDM like last time. I almost feel that buying new trunk myself and just getting it painted will be less hassle.

User Info Menu

You did see it happen and got all the contact info? It is the same trunk as any USDM GC8 right? If that's the case and they want to slap on a new one then tell them what year/model to look for. That's what I did. Alternatively you can probably get a trunk yourself and paint it yourself for extremely cheap and keep the $1000+ that the insurance company will pay you

User Info Menu

Doesn't insurance pays the body shop directly?

User Info Menu

One time someone backed up into my acura in the very same manner. They wanted to replace the lid because it's too dented which will most likely be the same for you. That and the body shops want a new lid so they can replace the locks and paint the thing which takes lots of time and means money for them.
    It was only fist sized and it was $1100. I asked if I could leave it unrepaired and keep the money and they said yes and wrote me a check. This is the insurance company of the lady that hit you, ask them when they talk to you. But you need a quote done up regardless first.

Really depends if you want to go to the hassle of finding someone to paint match and paint your car. You could do it yourself if you buy some paint and a paint gun though.

User Info Menu

First estimate of the day: $2400 and I have to source my own trunk because it's JDM, doesn't matter that it's same as North American Impreza L

User Info Menu

Are they paying for it?

If so go on ebay and find a trunk with a wing of your choice. Or order one from Japan. v6 wings are awesome.