Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Evolution IV is coming!

User Info Menu

Oh boy, and somehow I got the idea switching to an STi from my maxima would cost me less in gas...

User Info Menu

The best I ever did was 500km on my gc but that was all highway. When I had my gc I drove it around 4000km a month due to work and gf who lives in another city. I was spending around $700 a month on gas. It was stupid but so fun!
    Last edited by FtGF; 11-02-2011 at 08:22 AM.
    95 WRX Sold
    96 ITR! Sacrificed to the deer gods
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by olivertwisto View Post
    That is one nice lookin Evo. 400 kms to a tank isn't that bad. Bizzarely, my WRX, in Japan, gets over 400 per tank in the summer (present tank will make it to 450, fo'sho), and 350 or less in the winter. If it's any consolation, the kind of driving you are going to be doing should net you the best mileage!
    Did you post up your WRX and I'm blind? It looks nice with the black rims on white!

Now back on topic to the Evo IV and it's hotness!

User Info Menu

Turbo cars run rich, and how can you stay off the boost? you can't! baaad mpg! at least it ain't 3000GT or Supra bad, Teens is pretty painful for mpg.
    1997 Toyota Celsior UCF20
    2002 Ford F150 5.4 4x4
    2012 Ford Focus Ti Sedan Sport
    97 Cr250R/08 Thundercat 1000

User Info Menu

in my GTS-T R33 i normally get 400 - 500 depending on shift points.. so thats my base comparison.. im not complaining, i drive turbo cars i dont care about gas..

User Info Menu

So I realized shifting at roughly 2500-3000 and occasionally going into boost until I'm at the speed limit gives me better gas mileage AND is more fun to drive.

last fill up doing that was 12.6L/100km or 18.7 MPG. not too bad. I can see it getting even better.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 12-27-2011 at 05:04 PM.

User Info Menu

Any updates Mr Bishi?? Blue happens to be my fav colour... and ... I need to see moar pics of this!!!

User Info Menu

You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find blue. I'm pretty sure I drove William crazy. My two Pajeros I've gotten through him had to be blue too... Ben may have seen lots, but I only saw one blue one the whole time I was watching for one. And I bid on it... The auction histories don't show too many either, in the last six months, so maybe they're all coming to Canada?

In any event, Searail says "late this week" in Edmonton, so however long that means to Calgary? The waiting is killing me... I went out today and changed the oil and valve cover gasket in the Paj, just because I know once the Evo gets here, everything else will get neglected for a bit... tomorrow I'm changing the oil in my wife's Outlander. So that'll take care of the rest of the fleet for a few months, while I'm distracted with the new one... Maybe the day after that I'll be doing an oil change in the Evo....? Argghh......come ON Searail. Hurry....
    Current: 1997 Pajero Evolution no.581, 2013 Lancer Sportback, 2003 Montero

Not forgotten: 93 Pajero, 91 Pajero, 96 Evo4, 91 Galant AWD, 89 Montero, 89 Raider, 88 Raider...

User Info Menu

Ah, I'm sorry man. Searail is awful for the wait. I'll put you at the 5th or 6th to get it.

once you do though, boy it's ooon!

User Info Menu

Don't say that... awww maaaaannn...
    Current: 1997 Pajero Evolution no.581, 2013 Lancer Sportback, 2003 Montero

Not forgotten: 93 Pajero, 91 Pajero, 96 Evo4, 91 Galant AWD, 89 Montero, 89 Raider, 88 Raider...