Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Evolution IV is coming!

User Info Menu

Default My Evolution IV is coming!

Well, William has done it again! This time, he has found me a gem of an Evo 4 in icelle blue. The blue ones are very hard to find, esp one in good condition! He has secured me a 96/10 Evo, with 62k kms on the clock. Its still in Japan, waiting on some maintenance records, but I hope to have it on a boat before too long.

Here are few shots:

It was a "4" on the auction sheet. The interior needs some cleaning and maybe a little fixing, but the outside looks pretty mint, from what I've seen. The underside is also looking quite good.

This is going to be my daily driver, to replace the ol Galant which I sold on the weekend. No, its not practical, and no, its not super fuel efficient, but it will be a fun drive, esp on the backroads I travel between Airdrie and east of Olds, almost 200kms per day. Can't wait till the snow flies again! Pajero or Evo. Its a win-win!!

Big props to William once again, for finding another "triple diamond in the rough" . I'll start a separate build thread when it comes, but for now, I am just super excited to see what its like.

Happy Halloween all,
    Phil
    Current: 1997 Pajero Evolution no.581, 2013 Lancer Sportback, 2003 Montero

Not forgotten: 93 Pajero, 91 Pajero, 96 Evo4, 91 Galant AWD, 89 Montero, 89 Raider, 88 Raider...

User Info Menu

Holy! Nice evo

User Info Menu

Nice Evo, jealous you have the front fogs.

User Info Menu

200km/day on a beauty like this?!? Or is that figure not your daily commute like I'm assuming it is?

User Info Menu

Hoooot color!

User Info Menu

Nice find!!! Good to see more EVO's coming in. Were there any mods listed, or is this an unmolested stocker?

Love it!

User Info Menu

Another Blue one.. and that Color is supposed to be Rare..

Mine Blue.
    This one Blue
    One im helping at the dock with right now Blue..

Clean looking car.. you will enjoy.. asiide from Evo Terrible Gas milage..

User Info Menu

Nice mud flaps!

User Info Menu

Yeah, it seems there are a few blue around - Wayne appears to have one in ON too, but to find them at auction? They just never seem to pop up.

This one is almost completely stock except for an intake, and a humongous DVD navi screen on the dash <rolleyes> which will be going away...

Okay, so maybe not "quite" 200 kms/day. Closer to 170. My commute is just over 160kms, so allowing for going to the gym etc... it'll be driven a LOT, let's just say that. And its my winter driver too, although if the drifting is deep I'll probably take the Pajero just for some extra clearance.

I like the front fogs too. I know there's another blue owner here who wanted them blanked - it looks good that way too, but I like them intact. To each his own, right?

I'm prepared for the unreasonable mileage. I might be even expecting worse than what I get... Hunter, what are you getting in actual numbers, since you're been driving yours in Canada?
    Current: 1997 Pajero Evolution no.581, 2013 Lancer Sportback, 2003 Montero

Not forgotten: 93 Pajero, 91 Pajero, 96 Evo4, 91 Galant AWD, 89 Montero, 89 Raider, 88 Raider...

User Info Menu

If i get 400 Kms for a Full tank i call that winning the lottery.. lol..

normaly its around 350ish.. thats for about 45 Litres..

I have had lots of Evo's and they are all terrible on gas..

1, 2, 3, 4 lol..

I drive mine on the highway about 50kms a day.