Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new to forum . alpina content

User Info Menu

i just got notice today that the ship left for canada with my alpina on board if it doesnt sink ill have in canada nov 24th lol

User Info Menu

You must be pretty stoked about this man. Are you getting the saloon or estate? Can't believe they've got 345bhp with the same fuel economy rating out of it as the non tuned 241bhp version..!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by turnerburner666 View Post
    You must be pretty stoked about this man. Are you getting the saloon or estate? Can't believe they've got 345bhp with the same fuel economy rating out of it as the non tuned 241bhp version..!
    mine is the saloon and its the 4.0 litre not as much hp , its 310 hp . the b8 i bought is #3 of 4 ever made . it wont be as fast as the euro b8 but im sure it will still pull hard . alpina is notorious for under estimating their performance .

User Info Menu

I think the power numbers are right, but it's usually the acceleration times that are conservative. I read a few things where guys put their 4.6 B8 on a dyno and it put down 333 hp, so pretty much exactly what it's supposed to. However, the 0-60 time was stated as something like 5.6 seconds, but I think it's more like 5.3 or something like that.

I need to hurry up and get mine registered, so I have the first B8 registered in Canada

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RyanV View Post
    I think the power numbers are right, but it's usually the acceleration times that are conservative. I read a few things where guys put their 4.6 B8 on a dyno and it put down 333 hp, so pretty much exactly what it's supposed to. However, the 0-60 time was stated as something like 5.6 seconds, but I think it's more like 5.3 or something like that.

I need to hurry up and get mine registered, so I have the first B8 registered in Canada
    yes ryan u better hurry mine will be here very soon lol . im not sure if u have checked out this site but it give truer numbers for your car and mine . the guys on the alpina forum that own the b8 like yours beat up on the euro m3 . i read one post and 2 friends raced , one with a b8 and the other with a 3.2 euro m3 and the b8 had the m3 by 3 cars by 100k
    http://www.automobile-catalog.com/ma...pina/1996.html
    http://www.automobile-catalog.com/ma...pina/1996.html
    Last edited by saint166; 11-10-2011 at 10:21 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saint166 View Post
    thanks . i used ibc japan for both my cars . so u had a real close look at the car . anything i should be concerned with? from the pics and the K it does look clean . was it a one owner car? if u have other pics please post them on this thread . i know i paid top dollar for the car but considering how rare it is over time i doubt it will ever depriciate in value
    Sorry for the delay. After reviewing my files, it looks like I deleted this car when i didnt buy it. You should enjoy it as it was solid. Best of luck with it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBros View Post
    Sorry for the delay. After reviewing my files, it looks like I deleted this car when i didnt buy it. You should enjoy it as it was solid. Best of luck with it!
    hey np im sure u are a busy guy with your business . thanks for the reply

User Info Menu

Maybe I can revive an old thread..

Was curious what the going auction price on these 3series Alpinas usually are.

Willing to share?

User Info Menu

It varies a lot based on condition and which model.

B8's will likely be over 1,000,000 JPY car cost. Saint's car is pristine so I'm sure he might paid quite a bit over that.

B3's will be less, but with a 5spd and in good shape they'll probably be in the 700,000 to 800,000 JPY range. Autos will be almost half.