Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone looking to buy a Stagea?

User Info Menu

Default Anyone looking to buy a Stagea?

This is dirt cheap and looks awesome
    2.5L turbo rb25det awd

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car...tagea/8558171/

I like the car but concerned about part support
    Last edited by Vr4much?; 11-13-2011 at 10:14 PM.

User Info Menu

shares lots of parts with skylines.. so i wouldn't worry about parts..

User Info Menu

that is a dayz edition too. Cool. But tradecarview?

User Info Menu

"Drove" one of these in Grand Turismo the other day. Very cool/fun. Did a comparison between the Legacy GT-B (96), the Legnum (98) and the Autech Stagea (98) on the high-speed ring. The GT-B and the Stagea were pretty similar in time, the Stagea getting higher speeds, resulting in a 1 second lead. The Legnum was really disappointing. It felt very fast, but performed poorly.
    I realize that this is a video game, but at the same time, PD has taken great lengths to get a lot of this stuff pretty close. So I wonder how they'd do in reality.

But in my book, Stagea = Cool! and there wouldn't really be any here yet - so you'd have that rarity - You'd be one of the first!

User Info Menu

That Stagea looks nice, what is Dayz? Is that an aftermarket tuned version of Stagea?

As Soren said I would just make sure the seller is legitimate and trustworthy. I disagree when people say be careful of Tradecarview altogether (although it is merited in a sense). Some companies on our boards even sell through them and we must remember TCV lists thousands of cars by hundreds or thousands of dealers (cars which the seller has no access to and doesn't own sometimes).Of course some are more or less honest. I say that neutrally but would probably never buy from TCV or any other company I couldn't find people I knew who recently purchased and received quality vehicles from whatever Exporter we're talking about.

Soren, that's an interesting comparison. I wonder how/if the real life driving comparison might differ for these three competing models. I am personally considering a GT-B (EJ20H version only, I don't trust EJ20R based on EJ20K) or Stagea (if I can find one which looks like VR4much's example). I wouldn't consider Legnum because I don't trust Mitsubishi reliability but I'm shocked that Legnum wasn't the best performing model of the three which is unusual for Mitsubishi tradition (eg. in some ways EVO outperforms Impreza depending on the course and models compared).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    That Stagea looks nice, what is Dayz? Is that an aftermarket tuned version of Stagea?
    I think it's just a dolphin ground kit, and a couple of gadgets (like a luggage cooler lol!). I think some had dolphin sport suspension too.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Soren, that's an interesting comparison. I wonder how/if the real life driving comparison might differ for these three competing models. I am personally considering a GT-B (EJ20H version only, I don't trust EJ20R based on EJ20K) or Stagea (if I can find one which looks like VR4much's example). I wouldn't consider Legnum because I don't trust Mitsubishi reliability but I'm shocked that Legnum wasn't the best performing model of the three which is unusual for Mitsubishi tradition (eg. in some ways EVO outperforms Impreza depending on the course and models compared).
    I was surprised as well, my understanding was that the Legnum should be the fastest of the three at the track, but it could have to do with the amount of straights on this particular track (or that it's a videogame! haha)
    and yes, the EVO outperformed the STi in many ways through the years.

User Info Menu

I'm having a hardcore GT-b 5-speed vs Stagea RS Four V debate in my head.

Guess my only fear with the Stagea is parts availability, not in relation to the motor, but with brakes, glass, suspension... anything else that may get harmed. Some of the brake parts etc seem to not even be shared with skylines.

I'm allready a subie owner, so a GT-B would be so easy.
    Last edited by DevC; 01-14-2012 at 11:20 PM.
    97 Nissan Stagea RS4 V-spec Sold
    93 Legacy Turbo Wagon, Built engine on standby
    87 Volvo 244, 2.3 turbo swapped drift missile.
    89 Volvo 244 LSX swap.
    04 BMW 325i 4dr manual

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DevC View Post
    I'm having a hardcore GT-b 5-speed vs Stagea RS Four V debate in my head.

Guess my only fear with the Stagea is parts availability, not in relation to the motor, but with brakes, glass, suspension... anything else that may get harmed. Some of the brake parts etc seem to not even be shared with skylines.

I'm allready a subie owner, so a GT-B would be so easy.
    A lot will depend wether you want 5spd or Auto as the Stagea's are not available in 5spd for awhile .

GT-B come in either.

Stagea is not available in 5spd until Nov 1997 (260RS version) or Aug 1998 for other versions.

Cheers

MB..

User Info Menu

Thanks Mark

I've done some reading about them on some UK based forums and such.

I've been trying to get a good list of part numbers or crosses to work with that will fit the stagea for wear parts like pads/rotors seals, bearings etc so I can play around with some part numbers. I work at a parts store so I have access to lots of electronic and paper catalogues to play with.
    97 Nissan Stagea RS4 V-spec Sold
    93 Legacy Turbo Wagon, Built engine on standby
    87 Volvo 244, 2.3 turbo swapped drift missile.
    89 Volvo 244 LSX swap.
    04 BMW 325i 4dr manual

User Info Menu

too bad you are in Kelowna, because I'd ask you to come over, and check out my GT-B and my Stagea! For parts, I don't think it's too big a deal for the most part - as far as I understand, GTS-T for engine, GT-R for driveline.
    Windows and body though, yeah - those are pretty unique.