Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 91 twin turbo R

User Info Menu

Front bumper was replaced I'm guessing based on that vid?

Just go through all the steps you took when removing iacv. Were there any plugs you removed? I've accidentally left MAF unplugged before and was panicking when I got cels lol.

What did you do to clean the iacv?

User Info Menu

Iv only unplugged one thing and that was the iacv and I pluged it back in with dielectric grease and to clean it I took it off douced the inside of the valve with throttle body cleaner and re installed it but I think iv came to the conclusion that the starter is hopped because I have used jumper cables to create alternate grounds and power cords and still no starto..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ReidO View Post
    Iv only unplugged one thing and that was the iacv and I pluged it back in with dielectric grease and to clean it I took it off douced the inside of the valve with throttle body cleaner and re installed it but I think iv came to the conclusion that the starter is hopped because I have used jumper cables to create alternate grounds and power cords and still no starto..
    You sure its the starter? Quite the coincidence if that suddenly went with no signs of dying.

Sure you didnt damage any small parts in the iacv when you cleaned it?

My best guess would be that you finished off the dying IACV when you took it apart, and with a faulty iacv the car won't start as it is essentially getting the signal "idle at 0 rpm".

User Info Menu

No the starter was slowly dying but I thought it was a dead battery causing it to turn over slowly the solenoid was clicking when I turned the key so first ill try replacing the connectors then if that doesn't work ill replace the starter its not that big of a deal I have a hoist and one of my buddies has a supra that I can take parts off of for free

User Info Menu

If its bad solonoid contacts, you have to click the key to start like 20-30 times and randomly in between it'll start, that also happened on my car.
    1997 Toyota Celsior UCF20
    2002 Ford F150 5.4 4x4
    2012 Ford Focus Ti Sedan Sport
    97 Cr250R/08 Thundercat 1000

User Info Menu

Reid do you still have this nice looking MKIII or another JDM?