Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soarer winter build thread

User Info Menu

Default Soarer winter build thread

Hey everyone lots of you have seen my car before but i figured id start a build thread since its going through some magor changes over the winter.

Plans are to fix some interior things/freshen it up a little, 2jz 6 speed swap, new diff, clutch, single turbo, and hopefully paint and body kit and re barrell the rear wheels.

Im off work right now going to school till January so the cash flow is tight so im trying to work on little things i can do fairly cheaply just to keep things moving. We all know its the little things that kill you in the end.

Started pulling out the interior so i can dynamat the floor for a little more sound deadening and maybe keep some heat out. I dont know about you other soarer guys but the inside of mine gets hot as hell.

Getting the 1j ready to pull

vpro

My garage pal Shredder

Thats all the progress i have so far but hopefully once im back at work things will start flowing. As always suggestions are welcome.

User Info Menu

This is going to be nuts! Will be one of the sickest Soarers in Canada for sure.

Looking forward to see the progress!

User Info Menu

What kind of kit are you looking at getting? Personally I'm a fan of the Origin kit. But I always appreciate a good widebody on a Soarer . I'm going to be following this thread closely, as I might be rebuilding my 2jz this winter and I'm intrigued to see how well the V160 fits!

User Info Menu

Im not sure on the kit yet. I was thinking about going vertex for the perfect fitment but i prefer the look of the origin kit. its just so damn brittle and fits crappy so it takes lots of work to make nice. but if i do go the origin route i only need a front bumper which saves me about 2000$ so i might take that route.

i dont think ill be going widebody. its so expensive and if i broke that kit i would cry. probably just more of a pull on the rear. i like huge wheels on a stock body.

User Info Menu

well the 1jz left tonight for its new home in an s13. we had some good times but its on to bigger and better things, now that its out of the way i can clean up the engine bay and make way for the 2j.

also picked up this nardi wheel

User Info Menu

....And I thought your car was impressive already! Looking forward to the progress on this one.

User Info Menu

Thanks man. It looks like things should start rolling along now. Ill keep the updates coming as they happen.

User Info Menu

Got some new Bride fabric in the mail today to finish off the interior.

User Info Menu

Nice! I've seen a few cars with the bride fabric. May I ask where you find it? I have bride seats so I may think about re-doing the rear to match

User Info Menu

rhdjapan has bride fabric iirc.