Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: started work on the supra

User Info Menu

Looks hot Mark.
    Sorry I wasn't able to meet up with you, oh well I'll be there soon enough.

Funny you mention the R33 GTS4, my buddy was just talking about a 33 sedan this afternoon.

Send me a line when you can

User Info Menu

Awesome mark88! I can't wait to see the progress. Keep us updated.
    You're going to probably have the best example of JDM Supra in Canada at this rate!

User Info Menu

Welcome to our site ANORXIC'51! Don't worry we don't hate on anything JDM here and we know how unfriendly some people can be towards RHD and JDM cars out of fear, jealously etc..!

I've heard so much conflicting info about JDM cars in the US. I hear stories of new model STi's on the road and then you hear stories about Skylines being seized by US customs etc...

I'm sure you know best but I was always told that unless you have the chassis retrofitted basically to meet US standards, that it is not legal even if you have a title. But maybe the confusion is for models that were never in the US such as Skyline, whereas maybe Supra is exempt from that rule?

If you can please post what you know the US section and we're all looking forward to pics too
    Quote Originally Posted by ANORXIC'51 View Post
    It's here already. Current owner bought it from the original guy that got it over here. It's done more or less how the 'state legal' Skylines are brought in(have it imported to one of the more lax-lawed states: FL, GA, TX, etc, and secure a state title for the car. MUCH easier to buy one that is already landed in the states and titled, as it cuts out the risk of potentially being denied a title fi you are the one to originally import a car into the US). This car already has a Colorado issued VIN and has been registered in both CO and CA, so I'm good to go on title and registration transfer for MN

As long as the vehicle has been registered in one of the other 49 states, its good enough as long as MN Dept. of Motor Vehicles is concerned. I had to contact the DMV before pulling the trigger on the car to make sure I'd have something that would be considered legal.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Christian

User Info Menu

Can out Toyota make babies so we can have your kick ass supra mate with my 86, lol!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by garagefujimoto View Post
    Looks hot Mark.
    Sorry I wasn't able to meet up with you, oh well I'll be there soon enough.

Funny you mention the R33 GTS4, my buddy was just talking about a 33 sedan this afternoon.

Send me a line when you can
    Yea you always come at the worst times!!! As you can see from the pics, the car wouldn't have been very drivable on Saturday night ripped out about another hundred feet of crazy Japanese GPS wiring. Going to remove the stereo cage tonight and try and figure out placement for my touchscreen.

User Info Menu

Yeaaa, kit is ordered! Front bumper, side skirts, rear skirts, front fenders, rear over fenders. Once they're in I'm getting clear front turn signals and probably an RMM wing!

User Info Menu

I just want to say that Mark is pretty hardcore and he had these plans from day one when he picked his baby up from the docks.

I think he was mentioning all of this before he even started her
    I can't wait to see the final results and the build up.....and hopefully we can lure you back to the lower mainland soon!

User Info Menu

I'll keep posting updates in here And you can be sure when it's ready I'll come down and see you guys. I'm gonna pull off the front bumper tonight I think, and also figure out where I'm going to mount the car computer. It's gonna be a big project but it will be worth it in the end, even if my bank account doesn't agree!

User Info Menu

Did you make the computer yourself? I was going to put one into one of my cars. Almost bought an ITX intel...
    == Chris ==
    2007 Yamaha FZ6 (for sale)
    1995 BMW 525i Ltd
    1992 Levin GT-Apex - soon to be retired

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_RB View Post
    Did you make the computer yourself? I was going to put one into one of my cars. Almost bought an ITX intel...
    Yea, it's a dual core Athlon 64 X2 6400 with a gig of ram. I do all the coding on the program my self. I used to run it in my Honda but i'm rewriting it because i want to make it better :P but i think im gonna rewrite it again in 3d...