Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: started work on the supra

User Info Menu

Default started work on the supra

So I have big plans for the supra this winter... sometime soon i'm going to fit my new carpet in, and i'm going to attempt to fiberglass a sound system into what was the rear seat area. i'm going to figure out what all the wires are up near the visor area, i think they are all part of that tollbooth thing but i'm not sure yet, it's just a mess of wires! so on a beautiful summer day yesterday, with nothing better to do this is what i accomplished:

User Info Menu

oh and this winter, i'm installing the do-luck late model with with wide front/rear fenders and repainting the car

something like this, without the hood and spoiler though:

User Info Menu

FUn times..

I love ripping interiors apart..

User Info Menu

Good times!

Make this your build thread so we can gauck at the progress

That is a hot looking Supra.
    == Chris ==
    2007 Yamaha FZ6 (for sale)
    1995 BMW 525i Ltd
    1992 Levin GT-Apex - soon to be retired

User Info Menu

Will do! I should be getting the parts around December or something.. so by then i hope to have the interior all finished (car computer in and fully functional along with sound system and battery relocate, followed by installing new carpet). I'll test fit all the parts and get lots of pics when I get them

User Info Menu

Looking forward to it

Do you have a pretty good idea what you're getting? How easy are you finding parts for it, and are the prices good?
    == Chris ==
    2007 Yamaha FZ6 (for sale)
    1995 BMW 525i Ltd
    1992 Levin GT-Apex - soon to be retired

User Info Menu

well, i'm getting the bodykit from MVP Motorsports in texas. I'm also upgrading the twin turbos to hybrid gt28r's which retain the stock sequential system, just waiting on a few other people to say they want them then we can pay our deposits and get them built. I could just go big single turbo but everyone does that, i want to be unique and retain the way the stock system works but with much more power, shooting for 550-600) i need to find a reputable bodyshop to mold in the rear fenders but other than that i think i'm going to do all the prep work myself before letting a bodyshop do the paint work. i'll be pulling the engine and everything at some point, i want to have the engine bay sprayed too. it will keep me busy this winter... now i need to go ask my buddy to find me a deal on a r33 gts-4 for winter :P

User Info Menu

Hey there. Checking in from SF

Been looking for somewhere that doesn't hate on J-Spec Supras as I'm not sure if I want to let them know I'll be in one come December. Hope you guys don't mind, as I'm in the US.

Car prgress is looking good. Ken's car is always a good role model to use for inspiration, although you are doing well by not going with the Do Luck spoiler...I never was a fan myself and liked his car wingless when he took the pics in between changing the wing.

I look forward to seeing the upcoming transformation on your car.

Hoping I can make a drive up to Canada once next summer rolls around. I'm in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota, which is right under the east side of Manitoba and the west end of Ontario.

Christian

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forums! How are you able to import one to the states, some loophole in the system?

I found a bunch more wires stuffed behind the stereo area for the VICS (Vehicle in car communication system) that is all cleaned up now. I still need to check what kind of front speakers i have and go buy a couple subs + amps.

User Info Menu

It's here already. Current owner bought it from the original guy that got it over here. It's done more or less how the 'state legal' Skylines are brought in(have it imported to one of the more lax-lawed states: FL, GA, TX, etc, and secure a state title for the car. MUCH easier to buy one that is already landed in the states and titled, as it cuts out the risk of potentially being denied a title fi you are the one to originally import a car into the US). This car already has a Colorado issued VIN and has been registered in both CO and CA, so I'm good to go on title and registration transfer for MN

As long as the vehicle has been registered in one of the other 49 states, its good enough as long as MN Dept. of Motor Vehicles is concerned. I had to contact the DMV before pulling the trigger on the car to make sure I'd have something that would be considered legal.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Christian