Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Evo IV parts crossover

User Info Menu

Default Evo IV parts crossover

Helloooo everyone.

My Evo IV recently broke its crank pulley... kind of a weird thing to break, but regardless, I'm looking for a new one.

Does anybody have a parts list compiled for possible crossover parts here in NA? The only thing I've been able to find is that the part I'm looking for crosses over with an Evo 8, but that doesnt really help finding the part locally.

Any input is appreciated!

User Info Menu

Hopefully someone on here can help you but check http://www.evo123.net/index.php

edit oops realized yours is IV duh
    Last edited by FtGF; 01-25-2012 at 04:29 PM.
    95 WRX Sold
    96 ITR! Sacrificed to the deer gods
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

4-8's share the same crank pulley. Not sure about the 9.

Cheapest oem one I found on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Evolution-VI...2#ht_500wt_922
    Last edited by Braden; 01-25-2012 at 04:43 PM.

User Info Menu

From what I've found so far, and from others on here, a lot of the engine stuff on later evo's is cross compatible with the IV.

You might be surpised what you can find locally for USDM cars like the Evo 8. I've gone into NAPA several times and gotten parts for the USDM Montero, (for my JDM Pajero), and I've also gotten them to look up the Evo 8: it shows in their system. Partsource as well...
    Current: 1997 Pajero Evolution no.581, 2013 Lancer Sportback, 2003 Montero

Not forgotten: 93 Pajero, 91 Pajero, 96 Evo4, 91 Galant AWD, 89 Montero, 89 Raider, 88 Raider...

User Info Menu

Hmm I called Napa and they couldn't find the Evo 8 in their system. Stealership said they could get me the part for but it would be $300 and take a month to get here, HA.

Think I'm going to just go with the cheap Ebay one for now, thanks guys.

User Info Menu

I'm sure as time passes more people like Mr. Bishi will be able to confirm what local parts fit.

Does Mitsubishi have a parts catalog like the other manufacturers? I'm sure they must, if you get your hands on that you should be able to find th exact part# and then cross-reference with a local model.

One thing I'd caution on is using random cheap eBay parts for things like your pulley, I really don't like to mess with such important things to save a few dollars. This is just me but I'd only get a "name brandish" pulley at least or something that you can lookup past experiences with to know it will be good.

This just reminds me of the cheap eBay China radiator that I tried to pay to install into a Honda Accord....it cost me more money because it was so poorly manufactured it leaked under pressure and practically exploded. I'm not saying all the eBay and cheap China products are that way, but generally if something is cheaper than the rest, there's a bad reason for it (just my 2 cents though!).

User Info Menu

I've got Mitsu's corporate parts program (called CAPS) on my desktop machine (I'm currently mobile). It lists the exploded parts views and part numbers for every Mitsu vehicle up to the early 2000s...they replaced itwith a new program later. When I get to a desktop again lemme see if I can cross it over for you to a later model. Its a lot easier with a chassis number but I might be able to come up with an evolution viii number somewhere...

Not forgotten: 93 Pajero, 91 Pajero, 96 Evo4, 91 Galant AWD, 89 Montero, 89 Raider, 88 Raider...

User Info Menu

Thanks Mister Bishi. I used to have CAPS but it just took up too much space. I've already ordered an OEM Evo 8 crank pulley, but if there is enough interest, we should consider compiling a list of typical parts and NA equivalents. Let me know what you think.

User Info Menu

Okay, glad you got it sorted.. I think a crossref would be very helpful... I'm already working on it but once I get some numbers I'll post up.

User Info Menu

looks like all pulleys/timing is interchangeable with the evo8
    coils are same as evo 8 too
    I need to replace some power steering boots, hopefully they are the same as evo 8 lol