Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forester Maintenance

User Info Menu

Sounds right then , why is there more oil than the wrx I wonder with a smaller turbo?

User Info Menu

hey guys, what oil do i use for my front and rear diffs in my 2000 forester s/tb? and how many litres to put when changing the oils?
    Thanks
    Nazir

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nazir Sumra View Post
    hey guys, what oil do i use for my front and rear diffs in my 2000 forester s/tb? and how many litres to put when changing the oils?
    Thanks
    Nazir
    I use motylgear 75w90 that you can buy from Subaru (it is expensive though) in tranny and diff. Haven't had any issues, shifted a lot easier when I changed to the motyl. I can't remember exactly the quantity, I know its 0.7L in the rear diff, and I think 3/4ish in the tranny?

User Info Menu

Hi guys i have just joined recently how or where can i get to check a forester details i have just the chassis number SG5-111979 am from kenya

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forums, we can probably at least give you general information. How about starting a new thread with your car details chassis, model name, engine etc...?

User Info Menu

Since this is a maintainance thread think I will post my query here. I need to change the MAF on my 2000 s/tb JDM. There are a couple of Mafs with numbers C36-700 R92 & C36-700 R82 printed on them. What is right for my car? Is there any difference between these two?

Thanks

User Info Menu

Oops. Sorry guys but am new to this forum so it will take some time to get used to it. Please bear with me.

User Info Menu

HI guys
    My forester is blue Sg5-111979 2006/4 model

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nazir Sumra View Post
    Since this is a maintainance thread think I will post my query here. I need to change the MAF on my 2000 s/tb JDM. There are a couple of Mafs with numbers C36-700 R92 & C36-700 R82 printed on them. What is right for my car? Is there any difference between these two?

Thanks
    There should be an actual part# from Subaru on the MAF itself.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inokiyo View Post
    [QUOTE- type of oil best use for the Forester.
    - Oil filter
    Based on the OEM Japanese Subaru Maintenance Note book, the type of oil they reccomend is;
    Subaru Motor oil, 4WD, 10W-30 API SF grade
    Subaru motor oil, SG, 10W-30 API SG grade
    Subaru motor oil, SH, 10W-30 API SH grade

But probably anything that others have reccomended is fine.
    Ken[/QUOTE]

No one has said anything about running 10W-30 in their forester yet... Isn't the Rotella 0-40, that's quite a way off from the manual spec.