Thread: Eg6 transmission fluid

User Info Menu

Default Eg6 transmission fluid

What do u guys normally put on transmission fluid on eg6. Not too sure if OEM Honda manual tf will work?

User Info Menu

I'm assuming you have a manual gearbox, if so I'm quite sure the corresponding Honda fluid will work. Hopefully you're still around and can share some pics and info about your EG6.

Cheers

User Info Menu

5w30 engine oil works in teh b-series trannys

User Info Menu

GM Syncromesh is popular with the honda guys.

I used redline synthetic in the RX8 was night and day compared to OEM mazda fluid...couldn'tshift from 3rd to 2nd unless you were going slower than 30 km or it would grind.

User Info Menu

I'm wondering what the OP ever did? I would personally stick with OEM or equivalent fluid for any transmission.

User Info Menu

I always run oem Honda tranny fluid in both my dc and eg.
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

+1 I think that's the best choice.

User Info Menu

Honda MTF is okay, I've heard that they changed it a couple years back, not sure if it's better or worse now. A lot of Honda guys in the modified scene use GM syncromesh friction modified. It helps if you get some grinds.
    Although if your transmission does grind a lot then I would suggest looking into your shift linkage bushings or your motor mounts. Usually the rear mount goes pretty quick on B-series engines, and soon after the torque mounts underneath tear out after.

I use the GM Syncromesh FM in my ITR, also you might want to check your clutch master cylinder if it's leaking onto your floorboard the RHD honda's have a different clutch master cylinder then the LHD ones over here as well.