Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brz

User Info Menu

If you want power ask these guys to build one for you. Cosworth EJ25 600hp and 500ft/lb torque! Kind of cool they stuck with an EJ engine when everyone is going V8.

95 WRX Sold
    96 ITR! Sacrificed to the deer gods
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

Sorry for the double post but here is a good review of the car by Myles Williams of
    Racecomp Engineering. Some of you will be familiar with their springs and coilovers for Subarus. This review just points out how well thought out this car is and why it's so hyped!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2331968

This one is for you pitty! I hope it's a good review lol.

Last edited by FtGF; 04-02-2012 at 10:42 PM.
    95 WRX Sold
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

Someones gotta upload that video with subtitles!

That was a really well written review. Makes me really want one! Not that I didn't before. Maybe in a few years I'll seriously consider picking one up.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Hard to justify, over the WRX, I was supposed to test drive one a few weeks back, but tempting myself its not a good idea.

Our cars are already stripped out and light, with a lot more power, I realize its a totally different experience, but 26k worth of experience, RWD + winter in AB eww, tough call.
    1997 Toyota Celsior UCF20
    2002 Ford F150 5.4 4x4
    2012 Ford Focus Ti Sedan Sport
    97 Cr250R/08 Thundercat 1000

User Info Menu

^Can't compare 15 year old used cars with a new car. 99% of buyers considering a new car will not be cross shopping with jdms. This is for people who want a new, affordable rwd coupe. If there is potential for cannibalism it's in the states between the BRZ and WRX buyers since they are at a similar price point. Gotta remember not everyone wants awd in their summer or weekend ride.

The car has a much superior chassis to the GC and if you want more power I'm sure they will release a more powerful version in the years to come. The car has already proven itself with an All Japan Gymkhana 1st place finish and 2 1st place class finishes at Nurburgring 24 hours. Performance is in it's DNA. Motorsports is what breeds great cars and Subaru and Toyota have thrown it in road racing, rally, endurance racing, gymkhana, drifting D1 and Formula D. They are not hiding what the car is. They are showing what the platform is capable of. Scion even takes people out in the FRS at track events. The aftermarket is already huge. Every major shop has one. Even the Honda tuner Spoon has bought one. The development for parts on this car is going to be amazing. None of its more powerful rwd price point competitors even come close to this. There is huge excitement about this car for a reason!

For what Subaru and Toyota intended the car to be they have succeed. Nothing more and nothing less. It's mostly sold out for the year anyways. I do see a few autos available, for good reason

I of course want one. And for anyone making even half decent money it is a very affordable car. And if they do come out with an STI version or whatever I will go against what I told myself I would never do and buy a new car.
    Last edited by FtGF; 06-19-2012 at 01:19 PM.
    95 WRX Sold
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

The S2000 is essentially the same car with a better engine and for half the price these days.
    1995 STi Version II

User Info Menu

How is the S2000 the same car? It's a completely different manufacturer and the roof comes off.

and you really can't compare used with new.

You can buy a 911 used for less than the BRZ and blow the doors off it too ... not to pick on you, but I always find these random comparisons pointless.

User Info Menu

Exactly what he said. Used and new car price comparisons are not valid. Especially a new car launch. The s2000 was at a way higher price point when new and nice examples with low km still demand a bit. There is as well plenty of folks who will only ever buy new. Also its a roadster not a coupe so they are not the same. People compare the car out context so whats the point? The BRZ will be available used one day for people why cant but new.
    Last edited by FtGF; 06-20-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    95 WRX Sold
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

Hmm I've only skimmed this second page but this is an interesting thread about the Brz. I'll go out and say it if I already haven't elsewhere but Brz is underwhelming at best and is a big flop in my opinion.

Surely they could have made this car AWD and kept a turbo inside (yes I know they claim it can't fit but many others disagree) even if it is a TD03 (tune it and boost it high for a near zero-lag experience).

I see what others are getting at and I know we're comparing used/older cars but honestly the Brz delivers nothing new except for the body/design and as far as performance goes, it's already extremely aged (they might as well have tossed in an EJ20 or 25 inside it instead of wasting development money).

With that aside, it seems like a quick car considering the low HP and I understand it has a different target audience but I just don't see the sense in a vehicle like this (and yes I like the styling). For what it is, it's done well, I just don't see the point in making a sporty vehicle with lower than normal HP and without AWD today.

User Info Menu

^ But they already sell the car you want this one to be. It starts with a W and ends with RX. They've been selling them for years. So what "new" would the BRZ/FRS have delivered if it was just another Impreza with a different skin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    It is a Maserati Gran Turismo and it is a soft, floppy, and very enormous barge for people who can't drive.