Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brz

User Info Menu

That's true pitty lol, but if not WRX, there's EVO and many others cars which are better in my opinion. I guess I'm looking for Subaru to make the next Impreza since they've ruined the current one and have made nothing but crap since the early 2000's

As an EVO owner do you think BRZ would deliver anything different for you enough to buy it?

User Info Menu

I'm not a fan of the Hyundai-esque design, but it's more attractive as a normally aspirated barebones RWD to me than it would have been as an WRX/STi reskin from the same weight category.

Tastes differ. You speak of turbo and all wheel drive as the saving grace of a car, but to me - the way I enjoy my cars - it's just dead weight. Would always rather lose a few kilos than add a few horsepower. And so on. There's a massive audience for the toyobaru, a lot of folks who are tired of how bloated the "sporty" cars have gotten in the last decade, and not just weight-wise, but also content-wise.

And the BRZ? I mean, look at that steering wheel. Not a single button. Bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    It is a Maserati Gran Turismo and it is a soft, floppy, and very enormous barge for people who can't drive.

User Info Menu

Jdmvip how can it be a flop if it is exactly what it set out to be? Its also pretty much sold out for the year. This is a classic affordabde rwd sports coupe it never claimed it was anything else. If you want awd turbo get a gtr cause then every other car is a flop compared to it.
    95 WRX Sold
    96 ITR! Sacrificed to the deer gods
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

Well I guess this is self-centered but since it doesn't appeal to me, is sporty and fails in everything I think Subaru should have done, so I say it fails
    I know there is demand for it and I'm glad for them, but demand isn't what makes an impressive car as we all know.

And yes, every other car is a flop compared to the AWD Turbo . I'm only half-joking though, I just don't know why they went this route. They might as well release the old 2.5 RS GM6 with RWD IMHO.

Anyway these are just my opinions from the perspective of what I would expect if I was looking for a sporty car. The one thing I'll give it is impressive styling and performance for the low HP they've given it.

User Info Menu

The last new S2K I saw was $49995
    This is nearly half the price.
    Nav is stupid expensive as well on just about every other car.

I'd like to see it cheaper though... Low $20s would have been amazing.

Could always get a Veloster turbo....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    I guess I'm looking for Subaru to make the next Impreza since they've ruined the current one and have made nothing but crap since the early 2000's
    Just read this. Vip I know you like the old scoobs but this is just extremely wrong. The JDM V7+ is so much better then the GCs its not even funny. Way better engine (fully forged, way better heads, valvetrain, cams, way higher reving with a way better power band, AVCS, V8+ are twinscroll etc....) tranny (way stronger, 6 speed) with a much better chassis and way better electronics as well. Only knock against them is they are heavier. The current JDM STIs are also incredible with dual avcs, twinscroll setups. The S206 is probably the best STI ever made. Other then chassis GC8s are extremely aged performance wise the reason they rock is because most of the new stuff can be easily swapped and they are extremely light. I would also kill for a modern JDM STI which are insanely fast. Litchfields Dual AVCS twinscroll EJ207 GR is faster then a Porsche GT3 RS on their test track and its not a crazy power car.

Anyways FA20 Turbo STI should be here in the next few years. Save those pennies. By that time V7 will be available for import though
    Last edited by FtGF; 06-20-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    95 WRX Sold
    96 ITR! Sacrificed to the deer gods
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

I have nothing against the GDBI and II series 7-8, I haven't driven them but I'd say they are better in every way except for handling a bit due to the extra weight but engine, transmission and chassis are huge upgrades. Make no mistake I'm going to buy a GDBI STi early on and wait for shipping

User Info Menu

Not WRC tested......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raspeed View Post
    Not WRC tested......
    Well, neither was any WRX or Evo really. The WRC-spec cars were pretty much built from the ground up by professional European racing teams using proprietary parts.
    1995 STi Version II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raspeed View Post
    How is the S2000 the same car? It's a completely different manufacturer and the roof comes off.

and you really can't compare used with new.
    How is it NOT a copy of the S2000?

Small, lightweight RWD roadster with a lively 2.0 litre NA motor. You can easily outfit the S2000 with a hardtop if you want to debate the nomenclature of a roadster vs. cabrio or whatever you want to call it.

And the Honda still has the better motor.

New vs. used is not really a factor because there has been no appreciable progression in automotive technology in the last 20 years.
    1995 STi Version II