Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brz

User Info Menu

Default Brz

Not really a RHD topic, but I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the new BRZ?

I think it looks amazing, and without a turbo it will still be a very peppy car. Lack of AWD may make it not as awesome as an Impreza in winter...I like the styling of the Subaru model the best.
    I will eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

User Info Menu

A friend of mine at my office has one of these preordered.. and said i could drive it when its at the office..

so i will let you know when i get my hands on it..

:-)

User Info Menu

I honestly thought pretty hard about pulling the plug on the Chaser and using that cash as a downpayment on a brz or frs. I realized its a really awesome little car but it would cost me three times as much as I could only drive it in the summer anyways. And besides, maybe when and if I do move back to BC they'll have a turbo one.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

It's simply supposed to be awesome. Review after review after review of one of the best drivers cars ever made. It's sold 4x already what Subaru projected in Japan. I want one!
    95 WRX Sold
    96 ITR! Sacrificed to the deer gods
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FtGF View Post
    Review after review after review of one of the best drivers cars ever made.
    That surely has nothing to do with the gargantuan marketing push rolled out by both of the manufacturers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    It is a Maserati Gran Turismo and it is a soft, floppy, and very enormous barge for people who can't drive.

User Info Menu

Heard tons of great things, still think it lacks power and with rumours that theres next to no room for a turbo setup, I don't have any urge to go out and buy it.

Looks wise, its pretty nice and I'm sure there will be TONS of aftermarket aero available.
    With a turbo and it coming in a stripped down track version, it's pretty sweet.

Edit: Looks like SARD is working on a turbo kit already, kind of interested now.
    Last edited by kunzz; 04-02-2012 at 12:07 PM.

User Info Menu

Pitty even the blogs say it's good from blogs that bash other cars when they review so take it as you will! Regardless you can't deny the excitement from driving enthusiasts the car seemed designed for the right reasons.

Yes and an EJ setup can be swapped easily. Already a few being planned in my neck of the woods and the one Japanese drift car with a Cosworth in it already! I would rather have a monster all motor setup though. More satisfying then a turbo. Speed hunters had an article were Subaru said they might have a 250hp version
    Last edited by FtGF; 04-02-2012 at 12:11 PM.
    95 WRX Sold
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FtGF View Post
    Pitty even the blogs say it's good from blogs that bash other cars when they review so take it as you will! Regardless you can't deny the excitement from driving enthusiasts the car seemed designed for the right reasons.
    It's good marketing. Folks are predisposed to like it, and they like it easily, less inclined to nitpick, more inclined to dismiss faults as "quirks". There's the Toyota pedigree, and the sycophantic Subaru community, years of building up the hype, ubiquitous social media injection, and a few more things which can easily turn a competent product into a legendary one based on perception alone. But perception isn't reality outside of the marketing industry.

I'm not saying the car is bad. It's gotta be good, I'm quite willing to concede that it's even great. But one of the best drivers' cars ever made? Nigga please, qualifiers like that are tossed around way too easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    It is a Maserati Gran Turismo and it is a soft, floppy, and very enormous barge for people who can't drive.

User Info Menu

Well time will tell. I'm sure there is going to plenty on the road soon!
    95 WRX Sold
    02 WRX crashed
    98 Impreza RS DD

Fight the Good Fight

User Info Menu

Any idea on how many are gonna sent to Canadian dealerships yet?
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!